• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Gettleman is quietly putting together a better draft than last year.

Jeremy Igo

Gettleman said yesterday in the press conference for Funchess that "9 draft picks making the team would have been dicey" 

I'm not normally a blatant kool-aid sipper, but my goodness, with his draft history here, hard to see this draft unfolding any differently. 

I concur.

This will be Gettllemans hallmark draft.

Why?

Because these are unquestionably Daves guys. He has placed his bets on his own skills and drafted whom he graded out.

I'm all for the confidence he has shown.

Maybe it will trickle down to the coaching staff and then to the players.

That's exactly what people said last year. They said KB was a reach, that Ealy was a stupid pick, and were whining that we didn't get a OT when we picked Turner. We shall see though.

I drove the KB bus, even called him the best outside WR. Id say around 60% of the huddlers didn't like KB at all. I didn't agree with early pick, but totally believed it was the best value pick in 2nd.

None of those thoughts are shared with this years draft. We'll see, again I'm giving this group til they have a full season and full nfl off-season.

I'll support them, regardless.

Archived