• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL says Pats guilty, and Brady knew

from the earlier story I linked...

Patriots owner Robert Kraft issued the following statement:

“When I addressed the media at the Super Bowl on January 26 – over 14 weeks ago – I stated that I unconditionally believed that the New England Patriots had done nothing inappropriate in this process or in violation of the NFL rules and that I was disappointed in the way the league handled the initial investigation. That sentiment has not changed.

“I was convinced that Ted Wells’ investigation would find the same factual evidence supported by both scientific formula and independent research as we did and would ultimately exonerate the Patriots. Based on the explanations I have heard and the studies that have been done, I don’t know how the science of atmospheric conditions can be refuted or how conclusions to the contrary can be drawn without some definitive evidence.”

Kraft concluded: “While I respect the independent process of the investigation, the time, effort and resources expended to reach this conclusion are incomprehensible to me. Knowing that there is no real recourse available, fighting the league and extending this debate would prove to be futile. We understand and greatly respect the responsibility of being one of 32 in this league and, on that basis, we will accept the findings of the report and take the appropriate actions based on those findings as well as any discipline levied by the league.”

Translation: We're going to scapegoat some low level nobody and try to convince the league that's punishment enough :lol:

The NFL has a problem. While in the grand scheme of things, something as simple as this probably doesn't have a huge impact on the outcome of games, it has to have SOME impact or else teams wouldn't risk violating the rules and suffering the consequences to do it. Think about how many recent Super Bowl wins have been tainted to some degree. The Saints with the bounty issue, the Pats with the spying issue, and now this. That's significant. IMO, it's time to really throw the book at the Pats. They've yet to win one cleanly and are repeat offenders.

If found guilty Brady should be suspended for a while.

Kraft and Belichick may not of known of the wrong doing according to one article I read.

I still don't believe that it would have helped the Colts win and if you think about it we are all being outraged by a couple of PSI being deflated from a football.

This is dumb.. Why wouldn't the other team benefit from deflated balls?  

Both teams provide their own footballs. The only time the other team touches one of the Patriots is during a turnover. That's how the Colts found out. After intercepting a pass, they reported the ball as under-inflated.

This is dumb.. Why wouldn't the other team benefit from deflated balls?  

Each offense uses their own footballs at that point in time in the NFL. Colts footballs and Patriots footballs weren't mixed together. Rules been changed this off-season because of this scandal.

This isn't about the Colts game or even about how much it benefits them. It's about the Patriots organization under Belichick systematically having a blatant disregard for the rules. They better hit them hard with punishment. To be completely honest, Belichick should be banished. He won't be though so whatever.

From page 75:

McNally L A. abels Himself the Deflator
On May 9, 2014, during the NFL offseason, McNally and Jastremski exchanged the following text messages:

Bird46
(603) 321-xxxx
John Jastremski
(508) 958-xxxx
You working

John Jastremski
(508) 958-xxxx
Bird
(603) 321-xxxx
Yup

Bird
(603) 321-xxxx
John Jastremski
(508) 958-xxxx
Nice dude....jimmy needs some kicks....lets make a deal.....come on help the deflator

There is no record of a response from Jastremski to McNally‟s message at 16:39:40. Approximately eight minutes later, McNally sent the following message:

Bird
(603) 321-xxxx
John Jastremski
(508) 958-xxxx
Chill buddy im just fugin with you ....im not going to espn........yet

These text messages were among those we were unable to discuss with McNally due to the refusal of counsel for the Patriots to arrange a follow-up interview of McNally.47

sub note 47 says: 47 Our investigation did not discover these messages until after our initial interview with McNally. In response to our request for a follow-up interview, rather than producing McNally, counsel for the Patriots tried to negotiate terms, requested that interview topics be provided in advance and offered to “consider” the use of written interrogatories, all of which we declined as inappropriate and inconsistent with our reliance on traditional investigative methods. We reiterated our offer to conduct our follow-up interview of McNally at any time or
location convenient to McNally, but counsel for the Patriots refused.

Archived