• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Happy 36th Birthday Smitty

RelaxImaPro

There is a big difference in being an incredibly competitive athlete on the field and being a complete dick and douche off the field.

You do not have to be a douche to be competitive.....too bad Smitty is both.

did you play football?

Steve Smith, straight up the reason I started watching the Panthers as a NC native my junior year in high school back in 2002. The GREATEST PANTHER, and my all time favorite player. Hell I still find 5'9" receivers on Madden to sign, and give the number 89 to and eventually develop into my #1 receiver lol. 

I tried to trade for him but the Baltimore user in our league wouldn't give him up. Hopefully we can find another player with his flair, and passion for the game. No one IMO even compares, Smitty was/is/always will be that dude! HBD!

Happy Birthday Smitty! I am a little late. I didn't realize he is only 36. I was thinking older but nonetheless happy birthday. I loved this guy intensity on the field. If this guy didn't play with a chip on his shoulder, I doubt he would have been as dominate as he has been. I recall meeting him right after the superbowl loss in winston. I travel with a few buddies to the dixie claiss fairgrounds to meet him. I was expecting a complete jerk from what I had read in papers but this guy was the exact opposite. He was very humous and signed everything we asked him to. As a side note, Rucker is one of the most laid back and gentle guys that I ever met. He was there as well and he was so humble and friendly to us.

I have a measure of respect for Smitty for what he's done for the franchise and that will never change. However, I'd have even more respect if he didn't burn his bridges here, if he were more of a team player in the locker room, and if he didn't catalogue every incident that someone talked poo to him and proved them "wrong" as he perceives it and went on social media to rub it in their face. It's like that's the only thing that motivates him at this point.

Archived