• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not Your Father's Root Beer

Johnny Rockets

Not sure if this has been mentioned in any of the other threads or not but this stuff should be illegal. I don't know how it's possible but it taste more like Root Beer than Root Beer does. Think it is about 6% alcohol. Delish.

download_zps0wmgotvt.jpg

​Rocket Man! Thanks for hipping me to this stuff.  My wife and I absolutely loved it.  If you enjoy Root Beer, it is kind of addicting (which is kinda bad at damned near $2 per bottle incl. tax).  I got the 6% stuff since it was the only kind that is local here, but they have a 10% ABV version.  I will probably check out Total Wine when I get the chance.  

I don't know what puts my man card in more peril, those Butterball Sweet Onion Seasoned burgers, Johnsonville Turkey Sausages, or this Not Your Father's Root Beer yesterday. I'm thinking that it's this "beer".  But it's all good. 

Weren't you the one that said he likes sweet bell pepper relish?  I'm telling you that Mezetta is some good stuff. 

​Rocket Man! Thanks for hipping me to this stuff.  My wife and I absolutely loved it.  If you enjoy Root Beer, it is kind of addicting (which is kinda bad at damned near $2 per bottle incl. tax).  I got the 6% stuff since it was the only kind that is local here, but they have a 10% ABV version.  I will probably check out Total Wine when I get the chance.  

I don't know what puts my man card in more peril, those Butterball Sweet Onion Seasoned burgers, Johnsonville Turkey Sausages, or this Not Your Father's Root Beer yesterday. I'm thinking that it's this "beer".  But it's all good. 

Weren't you the one that said he likes sweet bell pepper relish?  I'm telling you that Mezetta is some good stuff. 

​Turkey sausage? Hmm.

I know Aidells makes some bangin' chicken sausage.

AID_12oz_AN_SMJ-DL-FC323520-03.jpg?13704

​Turkey sausage? Hmm.

I know Aidells makes some bangin' chicken sausage.

AID_12oz_AN_SMJ-DL-FC323520-03.jpg?13704

​Spicy Mango With Jalapeno...? Sounds like some great potential!  I will definitely look for it the next time in Wally World or Lowes.  As soon as I get my hands on some and put them on the grill, I'll let you know something. In the meantime, try those Johnsonville turkey sausages (preferably the ones with cheddar).  And don't let that Not Your Father's Root Beer escape you if you enjoy a sweeter drink, or just like root beer. 

I had one of these last Friday night at a bar. I stopped at one and switched back over to beer for fear of getting too lit. These things are dangerous. A little too sweet, but good. If I grabbed one out of a soda cooler, I would never suspect that they had alcohol in them....unless I drank 10 of them and started telling my bros that I loved them, then boned a fat chick.

• 3 months later...

Finally got around to giving this a try yesterday.  I'm a fan of root beer, and this stuff nails the flavor.  Don't know if I could sit down and drink it all night, though.  1-2 at a time would probably be my max, just because of the sweet taste.

Archived