• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Miami Dolphins sign QB Ryan Tannehill to extension

Car123

Yeah, if you didn't already realize this before, you definitely should now...  It's a QB league.  IIRC, Tannehill doesn't even have a .500 record, lol.  Going into last season, I remember there being a lot of talk about the Dolphins possibly letting him go or bringing in another guy to take the spot from him. 

But, IMO, this had no effect on Cam either way...  Cam deserves top dollar, and regardless, he was going to get close to that before and after this extension.

Wait, you think your first post in this thread was "discussion"?

I guess Aint's fans are exactly as stupid as I thought.

It was discussion, encased in sarcasm because it's what I read here for so long.

No need for personal insults my man. Big boys have football discussion without those.

16 million a year for a young qb on the upswing that only played a season and a half at qb in college. What about this is unreasonable?

your post has every argument for and against this singing in it. 

It was discussion, encased in sarcasm because it's what I read here for so long.

No need for personal insults my man. Big boys have football discussion without those.

You call it sarcasm, I call it trolling.

Still waiting on your serious football discussion, little'un.

Remember the fans here who used to say "stats are meaningless, just give me the wins!!!" through Newton's first 2 seasons and a rookie of the year award?

Imagine the outrage if we had thrown nearly $50 million guaranteed at him without a single playoff appearance or winning record lol.

I told this story a million times on here, but I must tell it again.

2 years ago the Panthers and the Dolphins were playing for the same thing in week 16. Both playing divisional rivals for a chance to get to the post-season.

The Dolphins played the Bills and Tannehill was just god-awful...like 10/27 for 82 yards and a QB rating of 45, QBR of 3.2 and ZERO points awful.

The Panthers played the Saints. The game in the rain where Newton threw a late TD to win the game in the closing seconds.

There was more THREADS (not posts) that week on the Huddle COMPLAINING about Newton's TD pass (being too low, not a great throw, should have been knocked down if the Saints defender actually was decent, etc) than there were POSTS from Dolphins fans (on the Dolphin's board) complaining about Tannehill and his God awful performance.

Lord have mercy, if Newton had the career to date as Tannehill and the Panthers gave Newton 1/2 of what Tannehill got, I literally would be fearful of Dave Gettlemen's life. Probably have to beef of security at BOA for the protection of Newton and Richardson.

You call it sarcasm, I call it trolling.

Still waiting on your serious football discussion, little'un.

Trolling? That was the lightest trolling I've ever seen.

Serious football discussion? Cams about to get paid. And it will be by the Panthers. And it will be the right thing to do. You don't let Cam Newton leave, whether you think another QB can get you the same amount of wins as he does with that defense. Cams the face of the Panthers, and should be for a long time. But he's going to break the bank.

Archived