• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CCU Norman

I have an accounting job and it sucks. It's because I have the job every college student gets when they get out of school. I changed careers later in life. I basically process a bunch of crap so accruals and GL's look good. I do get to work from home 3 days a week though and get to sit in my underwear, watch tv, and drink beer while I validate and cut million dollar checks.

I can't work from home....

Because I always end up fuging around and don't do anything.

I'm 48 and probably look like I'm in my mid 50s.

My girlfriend is 39 and looks like she's in her early 20s.

I've already been asked if she was my daughter :(

we need pics to confirm.

did I mention...most places up here now do fly in and fly out...in for a week, out for a week....some are in for two and out for two....so you can make Alberta money but still live in your cabin in the mountains.

On the east usc means university of South Carolina

1. I knew that's what you were talking about, but I was secretly hoping you'd go to the USC that actually matters.

2. I live on the east coast and have been longer than you've been alive.

3. If you want to attend the real USC, let me know and I'll be happy to give you some info.

Dear god of you're deciding between accounting and finance go finance. Also general business degrees are meh.

If you want to make $100k+ go into sales.

Finance degree can be tricky. Usually people that suck in accounting go finance.

I had a physics professor that used to attach the degree requirements for finance when you got a C or worse on a test. And he would hand write, it's not too late to switch

He wasn't joking. Accounting has special courses like Intermediate Accounting where students find it the hard way. They fail and they switch to finance. I majored in both finance and accounting so I've witnessed people switching first hand. They'd be like... Oh, you bombed accounting too??? I'd be like "nope, I was that asshole that ruined your passing curve"

Dear god of you're deciding between accounting and finance go finance. Also general business degrees are meh.

If you want to make $100k+ go into sales.

Shocked it took until page four to read this statement.

Sales it is.

did I mention...most places up here now do fly in and fly out...in for a week, out for a week....some are in for two and out for two....so you can make Alberta money but still live in your cabin in the mountains.

How do you feel about the NDP?

He wasn't joking. Accounting has special courses like Intermediate Accounting where students find it the hard way. They fail and they switch to finance. I majored in both finance and accounting so I've witnessed people switching first hand. They'd be like... Oh, you bombed accounting too??? I'd be like "nope, I was that asshole that ruined your passing curve"

Where the hell did you go to school that accounting professors graded on a curve? Our grad courses were graded on a curve but not undergrad.

Archived