• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodell might be caving to the Patriots

Mr. Scot

Goodell, Kraft have spoken, hugged recently

Adam Schefter of ESPN reported Monday that the league and the Patriots are working behind the scenes to resolve the Patriots’ unhappiness about those penalties and added Tuesday that Goodell and Kraft have already done some in front of the curtain work. Per Schefter, the two mean already have “met, spoke and even hugged” already and that they were spotted “on a couch, talking by themselves for quite a long time” at a birthday party for CBS Sports chairman Sean McManus over the weekend.

It seems that there’s nothing like proximity to a man who pumps hundreds of millions into your bank accounts to reinflate the amorous feelings that may have flagged in recent days, weeks and months.

All the hugging and courting on a couch won’t do anything to stop questions about why Goodell commissioned a lengthy, expensive report from a man whose integrity was praised by the league at every instance and then backtracked on the discipline generated from that report’s findings because the subject of the report was unhappy with it, but perhaps Goodell can just keep doling out hugs until everyone forgets the last four months ever happened.

"I'm so sorry I hurt your feelings, Bob.  I know you'd never cheat on me.  Can you forgive me for not believing in you?" :wacko:

I think Goodell is in a no win position here...if the initial ruling is reduced, 31 teams will be pissed...if he sticks with it, 1 team and his pal Robert will be pissed.

goodell would be better off letting an arbitrator handle it.

I'm surprised everyone else is surprised. Goodell got to come out hard and look like he meant business when he knew it would get appealed and reduced. That wasy he can throw his hands up and say "Welp, I tried!" and then move on to bathing in the money the Pats produce for him. Same thing that's going to happen to Hardy. You watch. 

I'm surprised everyone else is surprised. Goodell got to come out hard and look like he meant business when he knew it would get appealed and reduced. That wasy he can throw his hands up and say "Welp, I tried!" and then move on to bathing in the money the Pats produce for him. Same thing that's going to happen to Hardy. You watch. 

I'm not surprised.

I was surprised when they got the penalties they did.

I think if they reduce it, it's stupid, but I'd be lying if I said i was surprised.

Archived