• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL moves extra point to 15 yard line

Dex

Then you're rewarding bad offense.

Get too close and you get penalized. That's just strange.

I think FGs should be reduced. 1-2 pts max. Or increase the value of a TD. A 4 point kick from the 35-40 yard line is easier than getting a TD. Teams would then pay a premium for beastly kickers and then we would really have "foot"ball.

That's a good point. To play devil's advocate it would make STs even more important but yea getting closer for less points does sound strange. I was thinking more about the difficulty of the play. I think 50+ yard FGs are pretty tough and if only those went for more points then I still wouldn't have a problem with it. I think extra points are wasted time anyway and not too many people would argue against TDs going for 7 flat.

Then you're rewarding bad offense.

Get too close and you get penalized. That's just strange.

I think FGs should be reduced. 1-2 pts max. Or increase the value of a TD. A 4 point kick from the 35-40 yard line is easier than getting a TD. Teams would then pay a premium for beastly kickers and then we would really have "foot"ball.

It's not rewarding bad offense because the TD is still worth 6. You can't punch it in you only get a chance at 3.

but if you can't get passed the 35 you get 4? See what I'm saying?

Oh. Yes. I thought you were saying the moved back PAT was rewarding bad offense for not scoring. You were talking about 4 pts for a FG from there. Nevermind. :)

That's a good point. To play devil's advocate it would make STs even more important but yea getting closer for less points does sound strange. I was thinking more about the difficulty of the play. I think 50+ yard FGs are pretty tough and if only those went for more points then I still wouldn't have a problem with it. I think extra points are wasted time anyway and not too many people would argue against TDs going for 7 flat.

Im ok without the extra point. Still can't wrap my head around boosting FGs for distance. The FG should be worth less the farther back it is.

This would keep uber conservative coaches like Fox and Rivera from settling for FGs and use their more than adequately compensated offenses to do their damn jobs.

Archived