• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking the Receiver Performances

Jeremy Igo

​It was just one practice. Might have had an off day. Don't write him off yet. 

​That's the thing, people are putting way too much into one non-padded, non-contact practice...and the first real practice of the year at that.  While it's nice to hear that Hill and Brown did well, it won't matter if they can't do it consistently...and against the actual starting DB's.  To be honest, I won't fully trust Hill's improved hands until he shows it in game conditions. 

One other point; Hill and Brown both already know the offense, so can just go out and play, whereas Boykin is still learning it, and developing some kind of chemistry with the QB's.  I think this competition will go down to the wire in TC.  Each player will have ups and downs, it's whomever can show the most consistency that will make the team.

​That's the thing, people are putting way too much into one non-padded, non-contact practice...and the first real practice of the year at that.  While it's nice to hear that Hill and Brown did well, it won't matter if they can't do it consistently...and against the actual starting DB's.  To be honest, I won't fully trust Hill's improved hands until he shows it in game conditions. 

One other point; Hill and Brown both already know the offense, so can just go out and play, whereas Boykin is still learning it, and developing some kind of chemistry with the QB's.  I think this competition will go down to the wire in TC.  Each player will have ups and downs, it's whomever can show the most consistency that will make the team.

Technically Tuesday was the first practice. Just saying.

People have been way too high on Boykin the moment we signed him. Much rather have Ginn and Brown as the 3 and 4 than him.

I'd rather wait until the end of preseason to formulate an opinion.  Right now I just want who is the best come regular season.

I'd rather wait until the end of preseason to formulate an opinion.  Right now I just want who is the best come regular season.

​True, but I think that the consensus on Boykin has been too optimistic since we signed him. People expect him to be our #3 when his best season was only 600 yards in one of the best offenses in the NFL and he was basically frozen out from playing last year.

People have been way too high on Boykin the moment we signed him. Much rather have Ginn and Brown as the 3 and 4 than him.

​I think the only reason we eventually pulled the trigger on him, was because of his ST abilities he brings.  I don't think DG will have any problem letting him walk before 53 man cuts, if all he brings is ST and can't contribute as a WR.  

​I think the only reason we eventually pulled the trigger on him, was because of his ST abilities he brings.  I don't think DG will have any problem letting him walk before 53 man cuts, if all he brings is ST and can't contribute as a WR.  

​I am much more excited about Ginn back on ST, since according to PFR Boykin only has one career kick return. I can't see us using a roster spot on just a gunner.

Gonna finish my thought since for whatever reason I couldn't really edit my post when I hit reply by accident....

I think Boykin can be just what the doctor ordered when it comes to the intermediate routes....kind of like a young Jerico. Not to much sizzle but effective. A perfect Gettleman signing.

Gonna finish my thought since for whatever reason I couldn't really edit my post when I hit reply by accident....

I think Boykin can be just what the doctor ordered when it comes to the intermediate routes....kind of like a young Jerico. Not to much sizzle but effective. A perfect Gettleman signing.

​I think it could easily come down to Boykin's ST ability or Cotchery's vet presence.

KB (lock)

Funchess (lock)

Ginn (a lock as the PR)

Brown (the added weight could be huge for staying healthy)

Hill (if his improvement is real and he shows consistency) 

Boykin/Cotchery (if the winner would just be the  #6 receiver -thus won't suit up on game days-, expect Cotchery to win if the competition is close since he can still add veteran insight from the bench, but Boykin's ST prowess would be worthless in street clothes).

​Bingo.

The times he didn't do well as a receiver he was being used absurdly. Bubble screen to Bersin? Come on. 

Put the guy in on third downs and send him over the middle. He runs great routes, has solid hands, and is willing to take a hit. Thats how he should be used and does well there. 

Remember who the OC is....our rebel without a clue

Archived