• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doug Gottlieb's take on Cam CBS Sports Radio

The Huddler

Disclaimer, Doug had some really good things to say about Cam, saying he agreed with Cams statements that he made a couple weeks back about his intangibles. But one thing that completely made me smh is this statement.

He said we run a slow pace, slow offense not to benefit our defense or to adhere to our teams philosophy, but because Cam isn't cerebral enough or accurate enough to run an up tempo offense, which is what a guest on the show said we should do with him. Is it just me, but every time we went in hurry up offense didn't we put up points and Cam looked great? This is the kind of thing that really bothers me cause this bullshit is what fuels the general dislike of Cam. Just a complete in informed guess said as if it was fact to millions  

just bothers me. Tweet him and call in. He's still on air. I wish people would actually watch Cam play instead of regurgitating what they hear from major media outlets. 

At at the very least, I am putting a very real example of what the Cam apologists are trying to get at with the media

@douggottlieb  gottlieb.radio.cbssports.com

Cam thrived in the no huddle last year in the minimal amount of times we ran it. We should've ran it more, and should run it a lot next year, but it doesn't really fit our ball-control philosophy. That would be fine by me if we were actually successful using the ball-control, but we weren't. I don't care which we do if either works, but if we can't figure out how to have success with a huddle then we need to use the no huddle more often.

Cam thrived in the no huddle last year in the minimal amount of times we ran it. We should've ran it more, and should run it a lot next year, but it doesn't really fit our ball-control philosophy. 

​This is spot on.  Shula also pulled the reigns back due to Cam's injuries from last year.  I'm really hoping they do open up the no-huddle a little more this year, as Cam definitely thrives in it.  

he kind of stunk it up against Arizona and Seattle

​huh? He played better against them than Manning and Rodgers each did, and one could certainly argue he played better than Brady did against them. Take a look at his supporting cast as well compared to those 3. And it was in Seattle whereas Brady and Manning were at neutral fields.

We run a slow pace offense because Shula is not cerebral enough to call anything uptempo. 

Having Shula coach Cam is like handing a blind 85 year old a Ferrari, it might be the best car in the world but that does not mean a thing if you can't drive it. 

Cam isn't cerebral enough? Holy poo. What other QB in the NFL is basically being called stupid by the media? Damn.

Last season RR was asked if there were any misconceptions about Cam. RR made it clear that Cam really had a thorough understanding of the game, but that it wasn't recognized partly because of his amazing athletic ability. I think with the media it's sort of like when an ordinary guy sees a muscle bound man, and the guy assumes he's not that bright. I mean he can't have everything right?

Doug Gottlieb is a college basketball analyst.  I don't really care to hear his thoughts on football.  

He's also a radio host of a national radio show who talks about any topic to hundreds of thousands of people

my point being, this is where people get a unjustified view of Cam

you missed my point. I'm not sitting here afraid Gottlieb's is right 

Archived