• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's salary cap numbers over next 6 years

SCP

In addition to Cam's 2016 roster bonus of $10m, his 2016 base of $13m becomes fully guaranteed on the 3rd day of the 2016 league year:

Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel  16m16 minutes ago
@BobMorrisSports @Jason_OTC @AlbertBreer Newton's $13M 2016 base salary is GTD for injury at signing & fully GTD 3rd day of '16 league year.

Fwiw Brees' cap hits are 26 and 27 mill his last two years.

i know Brees' is a superior qb right now but here's hoping cam can make that kind of an impact on O that Brees' has at the age of 30 and 31 instead of 36 and 37.

cam will be in his prime while Brees in his twighlight. This was a pretty good deal for us especially if cam explodes, which I believe he will. Even if cam is as is. It's reasonable. 

Im wondering what the dead cap hits are for us if God forbid he gets injured badly. Brees dead hit right now is 44 million. Lol

We are currently sitting at 16 mil in cap space for next year with Cam's contract, according to spotrac.

Didnt check to see if that included any rollover, but probably doesn't! We are looking pretty cap healthy

If that's true then i don't have any issues. My only concern with this was just having flexibility to sign other key players.

I know everyone is selling this as a 5 year extension, which it is, he was under contract for this year anyway.  But if you look at it and all the numbers, this is actually a 6 year deal.  And if you divide his total cap hits by the number of year, math is hard and stuff,  you get a little less than 20 million a year.  19.74 million a year, the total value being 118.466 million, if I counted all my toes right.  So we actually got Cam for less than $20 million a year.  So Gettleman really did a better job than I though he did yesterday.  Should we start the Dave for president rally today or wait until training camp starts. 

60 million fully guaranteed is highest in the NFL. Suh at 59.955 is 2nd. (Kaep's 61 million isn't really fully guaranteed).

Rodgers got 54 million guaranteed. Cam gets 54 million over the first two years. Rodgers over 3 years - 60.75 Cam -67.66

Big Ben got a 31 million signing bonus. Cam gets 31 million this year.

And as noted by others: Matt Ryan -20.750 per. Cam - 20.8 per

Archived