• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for my beloved Panther fan friends

Hawk

4. Let's just face it. Our 6'5 tank of a QB has had great success avoiding the big hits. And his "Slide" is but yet one more way he has revolutionized the NFL.

Some people just can't seem to understand this.

The way Cam slides he'll NEVER take a shot to the head.

He'll NEVER get his foot caught and fug up his ankle, knee, or any other leg part.

Any defensive player that decides to take a cheap shot at him has only two targets... his huge, broad shoulders (covered with shoulder pads) or his back (which also has a pad hanging from his shoulder pads).

Like someone pointed out above, the shot he took to the ribs was a fluke.  Cam's slide is effective and safe.  But since its "not the way everybody else who is not Cam" does it, some people automatically leap to the conclusion that its wrong.  Silly.

​RG3 will disagree!  Cam obviously plays a very agressive style and he's willing to take the big hit to make the big play, but how long can that last?

I don't think he will have to rely on that style. We haven't taken the easy road with Cam like I feel the Niners did with Kaep. Soon I believe he will rely more on his arm than his feet. IMO, his style of play has been more because of his surrounding team and not so much his lack of ability. No one would last very long with his style of play. The hits would eventually take a toll. I see him making smarter choices when it comes to unnecessary hits. So I'm not worried.......right now.

He'll NEVER get his foot caught and fug up his ankle, knee, or any other leg part.

Any defensive player that decides to take a cheap shot at him has only two targets... his huge, broad shoulders (covered with shoulder pads) or his back (which also has a pad hanging from his shoulder pads).

Like someone pointed out above, the shot he took to the ribs was a fluke.  Cam's slide is effective and safe.  But since its "not the way everybody else who is not Cam" does it, some people automatically leap to the conclusion that its wrong.  Silly.

Cam sucks at sliding and always dives forward.

The first time I saw him slide, back when he was in college even, I though to myself, "Dude, that dude has determination. Cool way to get extra yards."  5 years later, folks still harp on his slide.

The play that sealed it for me was against Wash. I think it was his rookie year. Cam turned the corner and a CB on the line, with a S on his fland. They are just standing there 7 or so yards away, just bracing for the impact. Meanwhile a LB is bearing down on him from behind. At the last possible moment, Cam launched into his slide, right between the 2 DBs and just as the LB dove to level him. The LB took out the CB, and the S had recover from the shock of not getting bowled over, madly scrambling to decide if he still had to tag Cam because he went down untouched.

At that point I was okay with the way Can does slide.

And it was me, to toot my own horn. Hellz, after mpph mpph years of marriage, hearing any horn is soothing. Who said his rib injury was a fluke, and that he rarely takes a direct hit. Even in the pocket.

​i don't know what i'd even write about. poop jokes are already taken and i disguise my atrocious football acumen with snark and wheedling

​As in. The wife, who knows next to nothing about football by the way, calls it "Wheedling the roster" any time it actually registers that some player from the Panthers got cut/fired. Her only knowledge of football being the old sega game, and anything she is forced to watch, or listen to, during those, oh so rare, times I may actually have hand. So I am not exactly sure whence the adage was wrought.

She can't stand sports. Yet she can find a 100 reasons to interrupt my enjoyment of it by needing some level of attention while it's playing. "Oh...I thought I heard a commercial, but since I have your attention." "I know you need to watch Your Football...but." Or my personal favorite, the unmentionable shows. "Does this fit? Do you like this color? What about this outfit?" She just can't handle going that long without being fawned upon. The woman just will not be ignored, it is just not tolerated. It is just not in her nature. Women... you can't live with them, and you sure can't feed them the wrong brand of OJ.

I guess I should be grateful she allows me to run my life around here wants and needs. But when you hook up with a 23 year old spoiled brat, some give and give is to be expected. Thank Zod for the sex. That yearly slurp job on my birthday always reminds me of just how overrated the whole process has become. I have my Panther Football,  my Huddle brethren, and I have my industrial sized can of lube.

Yupperz, that smile on my face ain't forced in any manner.

Because the Panthers only play once a week, and only for 16 games, (The less she knows about Pre-Season the better.)  I pretty much get to watch it whenever it comes on. It is my one true joy in life. Not only do I get to watch Panther related material any time it comes on. BUT, at the same time, I get to irk the wife precisely because, for as long as the Panthers are on, she loses her claim on being the center of the universe. And losing is not a word she deals with easily. It is the opposite of Double Jeopardy.  

Used to be, back in the day, Michigan State was on the list as well. Because...well, for a while there we weren't very good. So their viewability level was decidedly lower than it is at present. Her Highness could suck em' up and tolerate the 2hrs for Basketball every so often. But that extra hour for Football really does drive her nutsoid. She clammers on, and on, about how football pretty much wastes the weekend. How could all that discomfort not tickle and old mans' soul?

That kind of "Wheedle"? To pare something down. Or "Whittle" to 99.999999% of the world. The wife is full of them. After all these years. It is pretty much her last redeeming quality. She will call a male dog Her, and a female dog Him. All forms of video are "Movies". As in, "Did you watch that movie last night"? "Yes Dear. Um...which movie?" "That movie with those guys you like". "Yes Dear. Aaaaaaaaannnnd...these guys are?". "You know. Those smart guys". "Yes Dear". Thinking she was thinking "Big Bang". But nooooooooo, 15 minutes later. 27 conversations later. 49.5 "Yes Dear"'s later. I get this. "You know! The one with that artistic kid".

Just because she knows of what she is thinking. She thinks I know where her mind has drifted. I sometimes feel as though I'm on a game show. Figure out what the hellz the old bitty be babbling about, in 4 moves or less. Ahhhh, the simple things in life really can make a difference. Sorry, couldn't say that with a straight face.

Now lest we all believe that the wife is basically a waste of the space she inhabits, and the air she has no right, nor shall she ever deserve to have that right, to breath. She in no way relates to any of that. Is she gone? I love her to death, and would die to protect her. She still adores me, and treats me like as such. And damm can she make me laugh. Usually at her own expense. Oops should be her name. As a matter of fact. We almost named a dog Oops. So when the wife said it, the dog would know to come. Well...I once wanted to call a dog Oops. Another sad example of a Battle I wasn't going to win.

So short story long. I told her that a quarter was all I had left. She then proceeded to put a round house kick up the side of my head. When I woke up, she was gone. And I still had my quarter. Talk about your win-win.

with so much guaranteed money, are you concerned at all about Cam's playing style with regards to longevity etc?

Nope in the past 4 yrs he didn't have any nfl related injuries , his ankle issue where from college days I believe, and he still played seasons through it. Man of steel bros

​As in. The wife, who knows next to nothing about football by the way, calls it "Wheedling the roster" any time it actually registers that some player from the Panthers got cut/fired. Her only knowledge of football being the old sega game, and anything she is forced to watch, or listen to, during those, oh so rare, times I may actually have hand. So I am not exactly sure whence the adage was wrought.

She can't stand sports. Yet she can find a 100 reasons to interrupt my enjoyment of it by needing some level of attention while it's playing. "Oh...I thought I heard a commercial, but since I have your attention." "I know you need to watch Your Football...but." Or my personal favorite, the unmentionable shows. "Does this fit? Do you like this color? What about this outfit?" She just can't handle going that long without being fawned upon. The woman just will not be ignored, it is just not tolerated. It is just not in her nature. Women... you can't live with them, and you sure can't feed them the wrong brand of OJ.

I guess I should be grateful she allows me to run my life around here wants and needs. But when you hook up with a 23 year old spoiled brat, some give and give is to be expected. Thank Zod for the sex. That yearly slurp job on my birthday always reminds me of just how overrated the whole process has become. I have my Panther Football,  my Huddle brethren, and I have my industrial sized can of lube.

Because the Panthers only play once a week, and only for 16 games, (The less she knows about Pre-Season the better.)  I pretty much get to watch it whenever it comes on. It is my one true joy in life. Not only do I get to watch Panther related material any time it comes on. BUT, at the same time, I get to irk the wife precisely because, for as long as the Panthers are on, she loses her claim on being the center of the universe. And losing is not a word she deals with easily. It is the opposite of Double Jeopardy.  

Used to be, back in the day, Michigan State was on the list as well. Because...well, for a while there we weren't very good. So their viewability level was decidedly lower than it is at present. Her Highness could suck em' up and tolerate the 2hrs for Basketball every so often. But that extra hour for Football really does drive her nutsoid. She clammers on, and on, about how football pretty much wastes the weekend. How could all that discomfort not tickle and old mans' soul?

That kind of "Wheedle"? To pare something down. Or "Whittle" to 99.999999% of the world. The wife is full of them. After all these years. It is pretty much her last redeeming quality. She will call a male dog Her, and a female dog Him. All forms of video are "Movies". As in, "Did you watch that movie last night"? "Yes Dear. Um...which movie?" "That movie with those guys you like". "Yes Dear. Aaaaaaaaannnnd...these guys are?". "You know. Those smart guys". "Yes Dear". Thinking she was thinking "Big Bang". But nooooooooo, 15 minutes later. 27 conversations later. 49.5 "Yes Dear"'s later. I get this. "You know! The one with that artistic kid".

Just because she knows of what she is thinking. She thinks I know where her mind has drifted. I sometimes feel as though I'm on a game show. Figure out what the hellz the old bitty be babbling about, in 4 moves or less. Ahhhh, the simple things in life really can make a difference. Sorry, couldn't say that with a straight face.

Now lest we all believe that the wife is basically a waste of the space she inhabits, and the air she has no right, nor shall she ever deserve to have that right, to breath. She in no way relates to any of that. Is she gone? I love her to death, and would die to protect her. She still adores me, and treats me like as such. And damm can she make me laugh. Usually at her own expense. Oops should be her name. As a matter of fact. We almost named a dog Oops. So when the wife said it, the dog would know to come. Well...I once wanted to call a dog Oops. Another sad example of a Battle I wasn't going to win.

So short story long. I told her that a quarter was all I had left. She then proceeded to put a round house kick up the side of my head. When I woke up, she was gone. And I still had my quarter. Talk about your win-win.

While enjoyable...wat?

get a divorce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHOQAT0-Mk

Moral of the story for fellas: If it floats, flies, or f*cks, you're better off renting it, having your fun, then taking it back to where you got it.

While enjoyable...wat?

PhillyB used the word "Wheedling" in his comment on Igo instituting a blog-o-sphere type situation. That word took me to the wife via her use of "Wheedle" for what most folks more commonly know as "Whittle". Once I got on the wife I just let it flow. She is a great source of inspiration to me. Most times when I rant, she comes out on the short end. It's only the interwebz, who will ever know,

get a divorce

And lose my muse. Hardly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHOQAT0-Mk

Moral of the story for fellas: If it floats, flies, or f*cks, you're better off renting it, having your fun, then taking it back to where you got it.

Wow...I almost feel a wee bit dirty just ready that.​

Archived