• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Roster Projection Update

Jeremy Igo

I imagine that somebody would pick up whoever gets cut between Glanton and Klein, so not sure that the PS eligibility will matter.  If anyone has a shot at the PS I would think it's Mayo, though your prior comment about cutting draft picks still holds true.

• Pie 1

Pretty hard to argue with the picks you've listed. 

One question though about Foucault.  Even with Jonathan Martin's departure, I've not heard his name at all in the mix as backup OT.   How is he progressing?   Do you think there's a chance he could lose his place on the PS or is he still a project the Panthers really want to invest in?

Pretty hard to argue with the picks you've listed. 

One question though about Foucault.  Even with Jonathan Martin's departure, I've not heard his name at all in the mix as backup OT.   How is he progressing?   Do you think there's a chance he could lose his place on the PS or is he still a project the Panthers really want to invest in?

Still very much a project and is being out played by Martin Wallace who will also probably be on the practice squad. Gettleman made a mistake last season by keeping him on the regular roster. There is little chance anyone else would have picked him up last year or this year. 

• Pie 1

It's funny how certain off season signings seem pretty decent when they happen and then down the road during TC, they aren't even in the mix/projected 53 man roster.  Jason Trusnik and Teddy Williams for example.  

Don't get me wrong, it's not like these dudes are all pro's, but were simply brought in to help assist in a ST overhaul and it appears neither will make the roster, barring any unforeseen injuries of course.  All comes down to a numbers game I suppose.

I think Byrd,Glanton, and Ward in place of Cotchery/Bersin, Mayo, and Todman. 

Time will tell but if we cut Byrd and Glanton they will be snatched up and they have a future with this team. Mayo I think will slip by but that's just opinion. I think we keep Ward to punish in the run game and use Tolbert as a 3rd RB. 

• Pie 1