• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp Notes and Photos - Day 5

Jeremy Igo

- Kurt Coleman is looking more and more like a day 1 starter at strong safety. 

First off, great write up, thanks a ton.

Looks like I'm not the first to ask about this note, can you expand how you see the safeties being used?

My first reaction is "oh lord, not Harper at FS" but maybe I'm totally wrong in how we use our safeties.. When the defense came on strong at the end of the year, I thought Harper was SS playing in the box and Boston at FS playing centerfield (generally). 

Haven't heard much about Boston, is Coleman just overshadowing? I'm pleasantly surprised about Coleman, not that I think he's the same mold but his acquisition reminds me in ways of Mike Mitchell. 

I'm obviously hoping to see improvement before then, but the joint practices with Miami will be a good test for our OL. I know the overall rank of our defenses are pretty close, ours being 10th and theirs 12th according to cbs sports, but just playing against another team before even preseason should give us a good idea where we stand.

I think the line as a whole is fine. It seems like left tackle is the big issue. That's a lot more than we could have said last season when both tackle spots were turnstiles. We can give Oher help on the left side if need be, but at least we have a couple solid options at right tackle now.