• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapsheet - Torn ACL for Kelvin Benjamin

Jeremy Igo

This is very sad news. We are going to miss him this year, but hopefully he comes back strong from this.

Funchess is going to need to step up and utilise his potential to be a stud wide receiver. 

Ginn and Cotchery, if they make the roster, should be good reliable targets for Cam. Ginn can stretch the field and Cotchery provides a solid possession receiver.

Corey and Bersin will need to step up to provide us with two further options for Cam. This is their chance to make their name as the future #3 and #4 on the depth chart [working on the basis Benji is #1 and Funchess is #2].

And while the injury is sad news, it gives Mike Brown, Boykin and Byrd a chance to fight for a roster spot. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at one of the big name veteran free agent wide receivers to fill a void (eg Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker etc), or even look to a receiver available via a trade if they aren't convinced we have enough weapons. 

I hope Byrd can make the team, without size we definitely need speed

I think the Panthers may want to start looking at Marcus Lucas more. My remembrance of him was catching 2 passes that helped us win against the Bills. He might be a sleeper at the TE position

I'd be lying if I said I didn't get extremely upset with the news; not only for our team, but also for KB himself. My whole mood literally, completely changed. However, I'm a firm believer that a #1 receiver isn't needed. It was a great luxury and I had us pegged for 10+ wins without a doubt. I'm not as confident now, but I do believe we can still win it all.......although it just got a lot harder.

lol we'll be fine he was the most expendable "star" on the offense.

wrong, he was #2 after cam. klein, mayo are much better than brown, Bresin. Cap, flesh same stew. The talent drop off is huge.

Dex be a man and start a trade for shortly thread. He said today he wants to be at home....... true story.

Archived