• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapsheet - Torn ACL for Kelvin Benjamin

Jeremy Igo

How is it that every one was praising the recieving corps last week saying it was great to have so much depth and that whoever we cut was still talented, and now that KB is out for the season they are all trash? 

I agree that this is a huge loss, but losing him did not suddenly make the rest of the WR we have suddenly horrible.

But you know Huddle will Huddle.

Honestly a loss such as that changes the entire dynamic of the WR core.
Benjamin was going to require a definite double team and even stated last year that they were rolling coverages his way (i.e. 05 Steve Smith)
Without KB that leaves another defender free to roam the field.  This potentially can be a huge blow. Let's pray it's not.

Biggest problem is between losing him and Stephen Hill, we've lost a lot of size in our receiving corps, and that was a part of our game planning.  Our new game plan probably goes into based on speed because that's what we have the most of on the team right now with Corey Brown and Ted Ginn.  I'd feel more confident if we didn't have Shula running this thing because he seems completely incapable of changing our gameplan to fit our personnel, but if we are going to have a successful season it has to happen.  I'm really afraid, bigger than losing KB will be our unfortunate decision to hold onto Shula last offseason because of just that.

Might be a blessing in disguise.

1. Who says Funchess can't perform like Benjamin did last year? 
2. We have Ginn back
3. Brown has a year under his belt.
4. This could set us up for another WR next year
5. Benjamin will come back hungrier and stronger

1. I do

2. Good No. 3

3. Another good No. 3

4. How does that help us this year?

5. See 4

Archived