• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Shula not worried about slow starts

ncmonzta

Also sound like Cam doesn't usually agree with the play calling

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/15241/panthers-coordinator-mike-shula-not-worried-about-slow-starts-or-cam-newton

"His comfort level continues to grow," Shula said of Newton. "He's communicating more with all of the receivers. When your quarterback has a better feel for what you're doing, you give him some more freedom at the line of scrimmage.

"His ideas -- don't tell him I said this -- are a lot better than they used to be. He'll see things that we don't see as coaches. Sometimes we overthink things. He says, ‘Coach, let's not make it too hard. All we've got to do is that.' "

This offense will always be what it is as long as Shula is here. We've seen many times how much better things go when Cam has more freedom at the line. That game in New Orleans last season is a perfect example.

It's a damn shame they continue to handcuff Cam.

"I'd probably be more worried if we had scored on every drive," Shula said with a laugh as he gave ESPN.com his state-of-the-offense address. "I mean, you want to look at consistent progress day in and day out.

"Let's just not focus on starting fast. Let's focus on it doesn't matter what part of the game it is, if a guy is open let's hit him."

this makes me want to punch a baby

Archived