• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official 2015 Panthers Season Prediction

Jeremy Igo

I'm thinking 10-6 and division champs again. The rest of the south is going to be fighting to attain mediocrity and have tough starts to the season. We have an easier start and have all our tough games at once, pretty much.

season Q1:

I see us going 4-0, 3-1 at least. 

Season Q2:

1-3 here, though it could easily be 0-4. I also think 3-1 is attainable depending on how well we can put it together. I think we are 5-3 or 6-2 after week 9.

season Q3: 

3-1, maybe 2-2 depending on how good Washington and New Orleans are. Those will be our 2 biggest trap games aside from this weekend's season opener. We should win both games on defense alone. I want to beat Dallas in their house on Turkey Day so bad but I think it's a loss.

season Q4:

3-1, maybe 2-2. I think we lose to either the Falcons or Giants. I don't see us losing twice to the Falcons, but it's possible we lose to both of them. 

I know my prediction at the beginning of my post doesn't match the predictions quarterly. The Panthers will probably lose a game somewhere that I feel they should win. there is still potential for 12-4 methinks. But there would be a lot of outside factors at play if that happens. 

Either way, I think we win the division. The other teams just aren't as talented.

Sun, Sep 13@Jaguars - W 10:00 AM

Sun, Sep 20vsTexans - W 10:00 AM

Sun, Sep 27vsSaints - W 10:00 AM

Sun, Oct 4
@
-m-07l24__56x42.pngBuccaneers - W

10:00 AM

Sun, Oct 18
@
-m-070xg__56x42.pngSeahawks - L

1:05 PM

Sun, Oct 25
vs
-m-05tg3__56x42.pngEagles - L

5:30 PM

Mon, Nov 2
vs
-m-03wnh__56x42.pngColts - L

5:30 PM

Sun, Nov 8
vs
-m-03b3j__56x42.pngPackers - L

Sun, Nov 15
@
-m-07l2m__56x42.pngTitans - W

Sun, Nov 22
vs
-m-084l5__56x42.pngRedskins - W

Thu, Nov 26
@
-m-02896__56x42.pngCowboys - W

1:30 PM

Sun, Dec 6
@
-m-05g3v__56x42.pngSaints - L

Sun, Dec 13
vs
-m-0wsr__56x42.pngFalcons - W

Sun, Dec 20
@
-m-05gg4__56x42.pngGiants - W

Sun, Dec 27
@
-m-0wsr__56x42.pngFalcons - L

Sun, Jan 3
vs
-m-07l24__56x42.pngBuccaneers - W

10-6, NFC South Champs, 1 playoff win, 1 playoff loss.

This looks likely to me. I think we could win one of those primetime home games, but on the flip side, I think we lose to Dallas on Thanksgiving, so I'm still in the same range. 9-10 wins should be attainable if the WRs can step up.

the vast majority on here think we lose to Dallas on thanksgiving, but don't really give a reason why. what is it about Dallas that scares everyone?

they have a good Oline, but no RBs. they have Dez Bryant, but no one else with him. They've lost some good players on their defense to injury. they won't be the Browns, but they look like they have more holes than depth.

dont come with 'prime time game' baloney. that's weak.

Edited by Mother Grabber

the vast majority on here think we lose to Dallas on thanksgiving, but don't really give a reason why. what is it about Dallas that scares everyone?

they have a good Oline, but no RBs. they have Dez Bryant, but no one else with him. They've lost some good players on their defense to injury. they won't be the Browns, but they look like they have more holes than depth.

dont come with 'prime time game' baloney. that's weak.

perhaps it's more the Panthers and Ron's abysmal performance in prime time against better teams

Yes, Colts are AFC champ favorites and Chip Kelly and that offense are unstoppable 

I conceded the Colts since they actually made it to the AFCCG, though I think they're a very lopsided team.  

Philly and their 'unstoppable offense', however, have finished 10-6 twice, losing their only playoff game, and completely overhauled their roster in a very risky way.  They get an incomplete for now, but they're far from a Top 4 team in this NFL.  Offense maybe, but team not so much.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1

1. prime time game argument = weak

2. what makes them a better team?

no beef with you MG, but I have left that stadium plenty of times when they got their asses kicked early and often and I'll be real surprised it doesn't happen againwith that 3 game home stretch this year  we all know ron's record against teams with winning records and it isn't  pretty  reference Igo's story on it previously 

Panthers are coming on a short week and traveling against a team that does well in that tgiving game.  The Cowboys o is flat out better than the Panthers.  Their D line is better.  Our lbs and secondary are better .

do I want them to win   Of course  will they doubt it  Ron shrinks the brighter the lights

hope he proves me wrong

Edited by raleigh-panther

I have gathered the data. 

I have crunched the numbers. 

I have applied our proprietary Huddle Algorithm. 

Now, without further ado, the Official 2015 Huddle Season Prediction 

The Good News 

Cam Newton is as healthy as he has been since 2011. Not many people are discussing this, but it remains the biggest factor on the Panthers 2015 season prospects throughout the entire team. A healthy Cam Newton is good for a few wins on his own, even if the rest of the offense is not clicking. 

The Panthers offensive line appears to be greatly improved over the start of last season. Mike Shula's passing attack requires a bit more time than many other passing attacks in the NFL, this offensive line should be able to provide it. This is a vertical passing attack, not a west coast dink and dunk. 

Pro Tip: Panthers rookie Daryl Williams will be starting more sooner than later. He will quietly be the Panthers best 2015 draft selection. 

Running backs are no longer a concern on this team. Last season we saw undrafted rookie Darren Reaves actually start a game due to injuries. Reaves did not even make it as far as training camp this season, that tells you how much this group has improved. Stewart, Artis-Payne, and Wegher are all capable of carrying a full load of snaps on their shoulders. This is the best running back depth the Panthers have had in many seasons. 

The Panthers now have the most talented and most complete linebackers corps in the NFL. The addition of first rounder Shaq Thompson has solidified that fact. The linebackers are the biggest reason the Panthers were able to pull off a victory against Arizona in the playoffs last season. They are improved since then, which is a scary notion for the rest of the league. 

The Bad News 

You knew it was coming, so here it is. The loss of Kelvin Benjamin is a tough one. The Panthers wide receiver corps are just not as talented without him, especially in the red zone where the Panthers offense struggles the most. Rookie Devin Funchess has not yet shown the ability to use his size to his advantage against NFL corners. Ted Ginn and Jerricho Cotchery are currently the two best other options. Not good. 

Depth at corner is razor thin. Josh Norman, Peanut Tillman, and Bene Benwikere are a stout starting lineup. All three, however, have already been injured at one point or another since the start of camp. The Panthers need help here and will most likely be bringing in an additional corner soon. 

Don't underestimate the Star Loutelei foot injury. His foot flared up once the pads were put on in practice, which was a full 7 months after his surgery. Prepare to see Star off and on throughout the season. Colin Cole and Kyle Love are solid backups, but they are no Star. 

Special teams, and particularly punt coverage, remains a concern. This group looked less than stellar in preseason after a dismal 2014 season. There will be more than one game this season where a punt return could be the difference in the game. 

Conclusion

The 2015 Panthers squad is built to win on the road. With a solid defense and running game, they will be able to slow the game down and run the clock. This quiets the away crowds and halts any momentum the home team may develop. 

Cam Newton's athleticism will make up for many passing plays gone awry. His impromptu scrambling will be the difference once again. For the past two seasons, the Panthers offense would have ranked near last place without his heroics.  

The Panthers defense will rank in the top 5 when it is all said and done this year. 

2015 Panthers Record Prediction

11 wins

5 losses

NFC South Title

View full article

13-3

Top  5 Defense  & Top 10 Offense with top 5 running game.