• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Consultant: City needs next deal for Carolina Panthers

SCP

"All of which makes for an intriguing, and uncertain, future. Jerry Richardson, the 79-year-old majority owner, is planning for the team to be sold after he dies. Who buys the team, and that person’s views on keeping BofA Stadium or building a new one, are going to become major issues when Richardson no longer owns the Panthers.

Bob Hagemann, the city attorney, told me Thursday the contract between the team and the city also allows the city to buy the stadium at a nominal cost if the Panthers relocate. That provision exists to avoid having an empty, neglected stadium in the middle of uptown if the city loses the NFL franchise, he said."

Ever seen a successful business ran into the ground by the founder's kids?

i seem to remember some nfl franchise recently dealing with legal issues over that.... cant for the life of me think of who it might be. surely they dont play in the Panthers' division though... surely the owner doesnt also own an NBA team or anything...

This stuff really doesn't concern me. We have a great fan base and a system that maximizes profitability for the team in Charlotte already. The only city primed for a team to relocate to it is Los Angeles and the Chargers will probably do that in a year or two. A new owner moving an entire NFL organization from Charlotte to the West Coast makes no sense.

The Carolina Panthers will be in Charlotte until long after we're all dead or the zombie outbreak begins.

Archived