• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman has a message for the haters

MurkN

lol he gets a pick 6 and people say he was "out of position" God some people

well was he or was he not?  i actually said i was pumped about the play.  but it's a FACT that he was out of position.  i wasn't bashing him for being out of position; au contraire, i was actually praising him.  read the freaking post instead of making a shallow inference.

One into after being burned all game?  I hope that's not all year. Just saying.... 

he didn't get burned by anyone, but he was certainly giving up his fair share of plays today

he made some great plays today, but boneheaded josh was still out there... TD had to chew him out again toward the end of the game as well

i love josh, i love his fire... but if we gotta keep taking the good with the bad all year, he's not going to do himself any favors when it comes to playing for a contract this year

Advanced Member

• photo-thumb-23786.jpg?_r=1407025995
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted Today, 03:17 PM

He was holding on to the ball and running into sacks today. It's entirely possible he had nobody open. Norman had Robinson on lock all day.

PUT IN JERRAAAAAAD!!!! 

I swear some of you dont know how to judge a DB at all, even Jags fans thought Norman played well.

That is the Josh Norman that makes plays and gets paid.

He was not suppose to be in that area. He left his responsibility to jump the route betting Bortles was committing and would not see him. That was a cover 3.  Norman was responsible for the deep zone, Davis had the underneath in the seam, and Coleman was responsible for the underneath in the flat. Coleman should have beat Norman to that pass, but he did not. That is another serious issue to be discussed later. Josh is a play maker and you need that when defenses have to score to win a game against poor teams that your offense can not produce against.

What will happen now with that on film is teams will try to bait Norman into being aggressive. The receiver and QB pump the short out, and the receiver turns and takes off up the sideline on a double move. Norman would be smoked at that point and there is no other deep help near the sideline since that was Norman's responsibility. Wilson, Luck, Rodgers, and Brees will test Norman's discipline.

Anyone who cares to know more can go check out Norman giving up the TD.

It was man coverage. He was suppose to play the man's eyes and hands. He gets caught trying to look into the backfield at the same time the receiver makes his cut and the ball comes flying by him without any reaction to the play. He was spoken to on the sideline by Rivera.

There was another one where Hurns should have scored, but just ran out of bounds at the 6 inch line. Norman did the same thing and was caught by Bortles on that pass with a quick pump to the man in the flat who was Thomas Davis's responsibility. Norman was responsible for the deep underneath coverage in the cover 3 and Harper had the rolling coverage over the top. Harper was seen staring at Norman and pointing out Norman's error.

The issue is Ron Rivera does not want that, and that is what gets Norman in Rivera's dog house. If he does that and the QB catches him, then you can be sure Rivera is going to bench him for a player like Melvin White (like last season). That is also why the Panthers will likely let Norman walk after the season while they focus on Star and KK's contracts.

Bortles said in the post game, "It was us beating ourselves."

Four things led to this ugly win: The Jaguars played worse than the Panthers for most of the game, the LBs played lights out with Kuechly on the field, taking the risk on 4th and 1 that led to a TD, and Norman jumping a route that was not his responsibility. Without the risk the Panthers are on the losing end of this game. So, I am glad they did it, but that really upset Rivera on the sideline and in the presser.

I would not be shocked at all if Rivera were to elevate Bene to the starting CB role and place Norman at the nickle if he continues to feel like Norman can not be trusted to work within the system.

Anyone else get the feeling Norman believes he will not get a contract with the Panthers which leads him to play for himself by putting together a highlight tape? Seems he is trying to take a page out of Deion Sanders playbook. I hope I am wrong, because this could cost the team if Norman can not recover from a bad guess like Sanders could in his prime.

Archived