• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who Needs To Step Up Next Week

Mol3m4n

A win is a win, but this felt bittersweet. While watching this game, several players caught my eye. This isn't for good plays, but repeatedly messing up. 

1. Roman Harper- this guy was out of position and burnt for most of the day. I'm not sure why he is even on the roster. 

2. Shaq Thompson- I can blame this on being a rookie, but it's obvious the coaches need to work with him. He wasn't ready for this game. He didn't know his assignment, missed several tackles, and took horrible angles. The guy needs to pay more aggressive. 

3. Tedd Ginn- This game should have been a blowout. For all of the flack that Brown gets, Ginn has been just as bad at dropping catchable balls. 

(Shout out to Coleman on his 500 missed tackles today. )

cant say i disagree. the team as a whole seemed to have forgotten how to tackle in the first half. And our secondary did seem out of their element. i think there is plenty of talent and i trust McDermott to fix things, so i am not worried yet. but as soon as Week 3 rolls around, that needs to be figured out. Drew Brees will carve us up if we dont get our secondary performing at a high level.

here's to hoping the pass rush is better by week 3 also. as far as im concerned, next week needs to be an extention of preseason week 3. figure out what works both offensively and defensively, and use it the rest of the season. hopefully Star will be back and get get a full game in to warm up, and hopefully after two games, the d-line will have warmed up as a whole. Bortles had FAR too much time today.

I did notice Coleman's missed tackles.  Obviously Finn has to make those catches.  I would like to see Boston in place of Harper.  All these guys need to step up.  Didn't notice Thompson so much. 

i would like to see Funchess step up and be A serviceable all down WR.

DL needs to improve. Took them til the end of the game to get consistent pressure on Bortles (thanks to his LT getting injured). Oher also needs to improve at LT and show the form he had in preseason. Would also like to see Funchess out there for more plays and Artis-Payne get some carries next week. Special Teams also must improve, 2 missed FGs is unacceptable.

Safety looks like a weakness yet again but apparently only Rivera deems Harper a starting caliber S in the league...he should be benched and cheer lead/lead from the bench.

WR's all of em

Pass rush was non existent except for a few isolated incidents mostly at the very end of the game.(Hardy is missed big time)

STs missed FG then blocked FG...we literally can't go 1 whole game without a STs gaffe of some sort...at least these didn't cost us the game.

Hell IMO Shaq should not be starting, I look at him in a since as I did with Armati Edwards of the 1st round- he should have been drafted no earlier than 3rd to 4th round due to rawness.

Charles Johnson- At the money hes making, He need to be balling out, but he is Marty's baby.

Kony- Not very impressed, just not that good- almost time to start counting him as a bust

Maybe I should have said D Line as a whole- cause if we play Brees or Ryan like that we might get lit up for 500 yards.

Ealy needs to step up big time.  He was held in check the entire game.  He steps up, and you'd be surprised how much the secondary improves.  Other than that, I'd like to see Ron learn from his late season adjustments last year, and go ahead ad put Boston in, getting him some early reps just to see what he can do.

Archived