• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets talk about our Offense so far

Snake

As difficult as it is for me to say, I thought Shula made some great calls. 

The bomb to philly after the Klein pick was awesome. Love the go for the throat mentality. 

Tge delayed screen to Olsen on third and distance in the fourth was also a great call and should have been a game winner if we could gain some yards on the ground and kick a fg. 

I'm getting the feeling this is going to be a season where we watch every game to the final minute.  We can win, but we ain't gonna get many style points.  It just doesn't look like we're gonna blow out many teams.  But we can win.  Keep the Rolaids handy for the 4th quarters.

This isn't college style points there's no such thing.   Just score more than the other guy who cares how pretty it is.

Ron and Shula in the game plan meeting:

Ron: "What's the plan this week?"

Shula: "Lol, I don't know. fug it, Cam will figure it out. Wanna get some Bojangles?"

Both deep TD's where called plays just saying.    And the game plan has us 2-0 I will take that game plan 14 more times.

Scoring Differential...

CAR: +18

NE: +15

Let's talk about how our elite defense is gonna lead us to the SB with Superman carrying our hobbled offense on his back. 

Or how NE is gonna get wrecked by any team that holds Brady to under 400 Yd 4 TD because their defense couldn't stop my neighbor's autistic 5 year old girl. 

retard strength dude.  Retard strength. 

poo aint a joke

Shula does not call specific plays anymore. He sends in formations, and based on the formation and the defense Cam has a few plays to choose from at the LoS.

Shula finally figured out that you have to let Cam be Cam. Stop forcing him to pocket pass and read through 4 to 5 progressions. Let him get in his rhythm and choose to go no huddle when he sees an opportunity.

Now if they can just get rid of the scripted plays for the first couple drives and let Cam play his game, then I will be happy.

Shula does not call specific plays anymore. He sends in formations, and based on the formation and the defense Cam has a few plays to choose from at the LoS.

Shula finally figured out that you have to let Cam be Cam. Stop forcing him to pocket pass and read through 4 to 5 progressions. Let him get in his rhythm and choose to go no huddle when he sees an opportunity.

Now if they can just get rid of the scripted plays for the first couple drives and let Cam play his game, then I will be happy.

Actually from what I can tell Shula does call specific plays but as you say there are variations and options out of each one which Cam can change at the line of scrimmage.  There are several plays you can call out of each formation so it may appear that there are no specific plays called but I dont think that is true.

Secondly Cam does read through progressions on passing plays which is why he holds the ball so long many times.  Going to nohuddle is also Shula's idea not Cams and they work on specific plays they will call in the no huddle in practice each week as well so it isnt Cam just slinging it.

Lastly the reason you do scripted plays is to see how the defense is going to play you as you go through various formations and plays.  Then you adjust as you go to what they are doing.  You dont know what to call until you see what the defense is giving you. So you script plays based on watching film and studying the opponents tendencies.  Contrary to popular rumor, Shula is pretty good at adapting and making changes.  Just look at how many points we score in the first quarter versus after that and that tells you how much adjustments we make and what happens when we do.

I really wish we would sit Fozzy and give one of the other RBs a shot.  He has been pretty useless thus far.  

Is he useless, or unused?  Does it really matter if one of the other guys gets Fozzy's 2 carries and 1 reception per game?  At this point, the other guys would just be special teams players with almost no time on the offensive side of the ball, just as Fozzy is. 

Running game hasn't done much outside of Cam, but then we usually start slowly in that regard.  I expect Stewart to have a breakout game fairly soon, perhaps against the Aints. 

Is he useless, or unused?  Does it really matter if one of the other guys gets Fozzy's 2 carries and 1 reception per game?  At this point, the other guys would just be special teams players with almost no time on the offensive side of the ball, just as Fozzy is. 

Running game hasn't done much outside of Cam, but then we usually start slowly in that regard.  I expect Stewart to have a breakout game fairly soon, perhaps against the Aints. 

Even as the Huddler adopting Fozzy this year, I've got to admit his stats aren't burning up the charts.  However, his 33 yard K/O return in our final drive of the game was an important part of our getting out of dangerous field position and eventually getting into scoring range, albeit unsuccessfully with the blocked field goal on that final offensive drive. 

I forget if any of his short runs or catches in game 1 were on 3rd down.  Sometimes it's NOT the distance you run but the context of the play.  E.g. a 2 yard run by Cam doesn't sound exciting or important unless it's his 2 yard TD flip! 

Archived