• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets talk about our Offense so far

Snake

Though two games now we have seen teams defend Carolina the same way, One deep Safety, load the box, and double Olsen. This has effectively shut down Carolina's run game and Olsen while not stopping Cam and his WRs. While we have won by Cams arm we have struggled to get our run game started and none of our backs have broken out big gains. So what do you think we will see moving forward. Is Rivera content on putting the game on Ginn and Brown or do we find ways to get the RBs involved? 

I think the run game (outside of Cam) will work itself out. Houston and Jax both have very solid defenses. Houston arguably one of the best run-defending teams in the league. Honestly not nearly as worried about this offense as I was before the season. We put up 3 TDs on Houston's probably top 10 defense, and should've had another field goal and TD making it 34 total. Against Jax we only put up 13 I think but we had dropped TD passes that should've made it more and 2 missed FGs. The offense has some kinks to work out but I'm pretty excited about it. Especially when Funchess starts getting up to speed and Ginn and Philly get more into rhythm. Pass protection is pretty amazing compared to last year. Run blocking a little disappointing but I think they'll get it together. 

most of olsen's catches came on quick out routes that negated the safety in coverage. teams will learn they can't stop it as well as they want and go back to more standard looks.

i expect a few cheating safeties against the saints but nothing like we've seen so far this season, and we should have a pretty good day on the ground as a result.

Scoring Differential...

CAR: +18

NE: +15

Let's talk about how our elite defense is gonna lead us to the SB with Superman carrying our hobbled offense on his back. 

Or how NE is gonna get wrecked by any team that holds Brady to under 400 Yd 4 TD because their defense couldn't stop my neighbor's autistic 5 year old girl. 

As the Father of an Autistic 5 year old, No way on earth could you stop you're neighbors Autistic 5 yr old.  Seriously, children with autism...their energy can only be measured in super nova's.

Once we get the entire defence out of the box we will be more than fine.

Attacking early and often should soften it up some....completed pass or not we have to show we are not scared to throw it downfeild no matter the outcome.  I think we are getting there.  Would like to see funchess used in the vertical passing game alittle more with his size.

Though two games now we have seen teams defend Carolina the same way, One deep Safety, load the box, and double Olsen. This has effectively shut down Carolina's run game and Olsen while not stopping Cam and his WRs. While we have won by Cams arm we have struggled to get our run game started and none of our backs have broken out big gains. So what do you think we will see moving forward. Is Rivera content on putting the game on Ginn and Brown or do we find ways to get the RBs involved? 

Our o-line can still improve their run blocking some, but I think we're going to see the 8 in the box until something changes with the receivers.  There's no reason for defenses to get away from stacking the box, until we can consistently prove to be a threat through the air.  That means our starting WR's have to cut down the drops.  Ginn is inconsistent.  He'll make some beautiful hands catches, and turn around with some ugly drops.  It's great that Philly didn't drop his two passes, but the same applies.  He needs to get more looks, and prove he requires more attention.  Funchess and Norwood are even more unproven, due to limited amount of playtime.  No receiver is going to catch everything, that's just reality, but they have to catch more... consistently.  When the passing game becomes consistent, that box will open up.  

Archived