• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's talk about Tampa some...

Khyber53

It's unlikely that a rookie QB will be able to do well against our crafty veteran defense. We deny the deep ball, limit the rushing attack, and force the opposing QB to throw a lot of short and medium passes. If we are able to force the Bucs into that type of offense, then I guarantee a win barring some sort of offensive or special teams meltdown on our part. Their QB is the low completion type, and he doesn't know what he's doing yet. Our defense moves around a lot and shows a lot of different looks. It's a lot to deal with for veteran QBs, so I seriously doubt a rookie will do well. This should certainly be a win, but we need to play well in all 3 phases.

Hopefully we'll get Luke back for the game. We're paying him an incredible amount of money for a LB (I'm still in shock that he got that much), so we need him out there. He's better than Klein in every possible way. I'm not sure how much losing CJ is going to hurt our defense because he wasn't doing much pass rush wise. It might hurt the run defense a bit. CJ used to be a freakishly powerful guy for his size, and now he just looks like a jag. What happened?

Be ready for the D-line to do a lot of jumping up in the air to try and bat down passes. RR has been saying that he's going to get onto his D-lineman about getting their hands up when the pass rush fails, or the pass comes out to quickly to allow for a possible sack or hurry. 

I'm still angry about the Hardy situation. If we still had him our defense would be lethal. Thanks again media for pretending to be outraged for the entire season, and then the moment he leaves forgetting that he even exists. Great job. You're collective fake outrage really made me want to vomit, and now our pass rush sucks. That's our modern media now. Just stir the pot as much as possible and to hell with the facts. Whip as many morons as possible into collective frenzy, and then when they lose interest move on to the next story. Guess what Trump said today! Outrageous! 

People have said that for years. Until proven otherwise on the field, not on paper, that's exactly what they are; a terrible team. 

Well they beat the Saints at home just a week ago, and we struggled to beat that team with Luke McCown playing. Don't confuse my thinking that we need to take this game seriously with me lacking confidence in the Panthers. 

We need to get more out of our running game against Tampa.  I honestly hope Stewart has his carries reduced a bit and Artis-Payne gets a few touches.  I think Stewart works better getting some consistent spells from a back-up.  

We also have to tackle better.  The tackling by the secondary and defensive ends against New Orleans was bad.  There were a ton of plays where N.O. picked up an additional 5-7 yards after initial contact.

Our secondary is going to 'cause problems for Winston. They have one primary receiver and that's who Winston will lock onto and I can easily see Norman shutting him down.

i wouldn't be surprised to see Boston in on some safety blitzes while Shaq is covering the TE. 

I think having Allen is an upgrade over a gimpy CJ and Star got his feet wet last week and I expect him to help keep the rushing yards low and keeping pressure on Winston by Klein and TD.

i don't see this as a trap game and I don't believe TB is as good as the Saints.

Having played the Texans have us a good look at the type of competition we will be facing on Sunday. 

Again..."any given Sunday," but I believe we have rnough depth and experience to be in control of this game. We just need our ground game and ST to have a good week of practice and we'll be ok.

Well they beat the Saints at home just a week ago, and we struggled to beat that team with Luke McCown playing. Don't confuse my thinking that we need to take this game seriously with me lacking confidence in the Panthers. 

I will be taking this game seriously, despite the Buccaneers new logo..

Pirate.jpg

And there's a lot of bad blood between the teams.

there is? maybe im too young as a fan to remember our matchups with them prior to 2008, but ive always been under the impression that this matchup was the one rivalry in our division that was just a fair, hard-fought pair of games every year. i know we share a mutual hate with the Falcons and Saints, but i didnt think the bucs and Panthers had alot of bad blood. in fact, i didnt think the bucs had bad blood with anyone in our division...

maybe im just ignorant. lol. wouldnt be the first time...

Will we be playing our third rain game in a row?  Kind of sounds like a possibility.

uhm... two weeks ago it was clear and hotter than the surface of the sun...

Archived