• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should the Panthers make any moves over the bye week?

ThinkAboutIt

Gettleman knows Nicks very, very well and we have had multiple opportunities to sign him.  That tells you that he does NOT value Nicks.  Same with other teams, as Nucks is still unemployed.

Well actually he offered Nicks a contract last year and he chose the Colts. With that being said something strange is going on with Nicks. I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't have the mental capacities to pick up a playbook on the fly. The Saints, Cowboys, Titans, and Giants have all worked him out this year and passed on him. Now I've been driving his bandwagon, but there is clearly something about him that we don't have knowledge of. 

Well actually he offered Nicks a contract last year and he chose the Colts. With that being said something strange is going on with Nicks. I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't have the mental capacities to pick up a playbook on the fly. The Saints, Cowboys, Titans, and Giants have all worked him out this year and passed on him. Now I've been driving his bandwagon, but there is clearly something about him that we don't have knowledge of. 

I was under the impression Gettlemen told Nicks he would be better off elsewhere and Nicks left without an offer.  Not sure where you heard Gettlemen gave him an offer?

that rumor has been debunked numerous times.

Easily wr, everyones content now because we are 4-0 but that shouldn't be a excuse on not trying to find ways to get better,that's the difference between playoffs teams and superbowl wining teams.

At least kick the tires on some guys, def would take a look at boldin and see if the 49ers are looking to trade.other then that get healthy, and bench harper 

Been hoping for Boldin for a little while now.

that rumor has been debunked numerous times.

Just the opposite in fact. The "Gettleman didnt want him" myth has been completely debunked but is continually recycled to perpetuate the "Gettlemagic!!!!'" hysteria.

http://fansided.com/2014/03/16/nfl-free-agency-rumors-hakeem-nicks-rejected-contract-offer-carolina-panthers/

Saturday, Charlotte native and former New York Giants receiver Hakeem Nicks said his hometown Carolina Panthers offered him a contract but ultimately the two sides agreed it wasn’t the best situation.

“Yeah they made an offer when I talked to (Panthers general manager) Dave Gettleman,” Nicks said. “But you know it just didn’t pan out the right way. I feel like this is the best fit for me.”

lol "report"

Why dont you show that to us Scot so we can see it?

While Nicks wanted to return home to Charlotte and play for the Panthers, Carolina showed no genuine interest, per multiple sources.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/15/nicks-gets-to-work-right-away-on-making-an-impact-for-colts/-gets-to-work-right-

Voth was one of the 'multiples'. As I recall, he stated that Nicks never actually came to Charlotte. They only spoke by phone.

And are you telling me you don't remember the massive screaming fits everyone had when they found out Gettleman told him he'd be better off elsewhere?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/15/nicks-gets-to-work-right-away-on-making-an-impact-for-colts/-gets-to-work-right-

Voth was one of the 'multiples'. As I recall, he stated that Nicks never actually came to Charlotte. They only spoke by phone.

And are you telling me you don't remember the massive screaming fits everyone had when they found out Gettleman told him he'd be better off elsewhere?

lol that article doesnt mention Voth at all. In fact, months later, Voth wrote an article mentioning Gettleman's interest in Nicks and how they werent able to get a deal done, in his very in depth and revealing article on how poor planning by Gettleman led to the team regressing last season.

http://blackandbluereview.com/5-parts-dave-gettlemans-2014-plan-havent-worked/

Dave Gettleman wanted Hakeem Nicks. He offered him a contract. When Nicks didnt want to come here, and Gettleman didnt feel he could afford to change his mind, they agreed he should go to Indy while keeping relations cordial.

that has been the story since the beginning and frankly im not surprised youve tried to see it as otherwise.

Archived