• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Just Won Himself The MVP Tonight (Knock On Wood/No Jinx)!!

FootballMaestro

Barring, a Panther or Newton Collapse (and with another NE loss), Cam Newton just won himself the MVP today. Or, should I say Newton cemented, if you thought he had the lead already!!

Do you guys agree. What you think?

Of course, we still got 4 games to go. Anything can happen. But man, this was another hell of a win (and we sure sweated it out), so why not be optimistic! LOL

And you know most of the country was watching this game!

BTW: Cam was clutch through out. But that running throw behind the LOS on 4th down to Olsen, and the last TD to "Clutchery (after surveying the field)" was great!

All this,  was after the man was twisted like a pretzel on a sack earlier, and could have been concussed on a big hit on a laize faire run near the endzone. Come on! Many of us were wondering if he'd even finish the game at some points.

Good Luck the next 4 games Panthers (and Cameron Newton)!

You may have shut up many of your critics (at least for now), if not won yourself an MVP!

Nah, not yet. Still have the Rodgers and Brady jock-riders, and the media to battle. He'll win it if we get to and win the Superbowl. Until then, it'll just be, "but look at his stats!" (which is bullshit, but par for the course with Cam Haters).

He hasn't won it yet, but it was a good first step in the last quarter of the season. He needs to average 250 yards passing, 2 passing tds, 20 rushing yards, and get like 2 or 3 rushing tds in the final 4 games to have the overall stats to win it. That would give him like 40 total tds 4000 total yards. With the wins that should give it to him.

I agree. Biggest knock on him as far as the MVP award has been his accuracy, but his throws were money after the 1st quarter except for that throw where he missed Philly.

The immaturity crowd was also silenced today by the way he responded after our offense crapped the bed in the 1st quarter. Our defense went to sleep in the 4th quarter too, but he decisively won a shootout with one of the best drew brees.

Like OP said, barring a complete collapse, we got coach-of-the-year, dpoy and mvp locked up. Our D may send like 7 people to the probowl too

Earlier in the year I was in a conversation about Cam being MVP. I said "if the Pantgers go 14-2, he'll win it."

but right now, there's little doubt that Cam is not only the team's MVP, but also the MVP of the best team in the NFL, which no one...and let me reiterate this again NO ONE, had us going 12-0 with a chance to go undefeated. 

best player on the best team = MVP

2 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

But the D carries us every week.....right?

You cant just say the defense won it this week or the offense, its a mixture, which was greatly demonstrated this week. In the first half the offense had three turnovers, one returned for a TD, but the other 2, they didnt even get field goals off of. The offense played bad in the first half but the defense stepped up, and vice versa for the second half.

Archived