• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Olsen's fumble - review

Blackmagic

All turnovers should be reviewed. But why wasn't Greg's fumble not reviewed? It wasn't clear cut.

I don't think that he caught it and made a football move. Looks that he starts to lose it as he moves.

You can't challenge turnovers, but the refs should've double checked.

.carcatch.0.gif

The booth reviews and then signals the refs if they think review was necessary; apparently, the booth agreed with the call. It was definitely a catch and fumble in my opinion, but who knows how things may have turned out given the crazy interpretations of the catch rules this year.

Yeah ultimately I think that was a fumble, though a really weird one.  I wonder if Greg was wearing some defective gloves or some poo, cuz he almost lost the ball when he "tucked" it on his game saving 4th down conversion catch too.  But hell, we persevered through all the bullshit, both the self-inflicted variety and the not.

Yeah that was the correct call unfortunately.

Really the refs were pretty even for the most part yesterday. We got away with a few. So did the Saints though.

That Stewart fumble pissed me off, but looking at all the angles, there just wasn't enough to change that call.

If you have to slow it down to 10% of the original speed to make it look like a fumble, IMO it shouldn't be a fumble. Calvin Johnson can catch a ball, go to the ground, take a nap, eat a snack, then get up and lose the ball, and it's incomplete. But that's a catch? Sorry, doesn't pass the sniff test.

SB Nation mentioned it...

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/12/6/9858644/greg-olsen-fumble-nfl-officials-catch-no-catch-rule

Virtually every other play like this in 2015 has been ruled an incompletion.  I personally think it was a catch and fumble but the NFL is totally inconsistent in their rulings on these.

I think we should have challenged it.

4 minutes ago, Darth Biscuit said:

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/12/6/9858644/greg-olsen-fumble-nfl-officials-catch-no-catch-rule

Virtually every other play like this in 2015 has been ruled an incompletion.  I personally think it was a catch and fumble but the NFL is totally inconsistent in their rulings on these.

I have seen this play all over the NFL being call an incompletion but yesterday its a fumble...it was a bang-bang play but I think it was wrong

37 minutes ago, Darth Biscuit said:

Right, all year the NFL has called that an incompletion.     

Archived