• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"[Matt Ryan] doesn't have many weapons" -Nfl.com

thunderraiden

Jacob Tamme has more yards than Ted Ginn. Devonte Freeman has more catches than Ted Ginn.

You could add up the stats for Ginn, Funchess, Brown, and Cotchery and it would be comparable to Julio Jones.

Here, I will do it for you:

Panthers(Funch,Ginn,Brown,Cotchery): 100 Receptions, 1415 yards

Julio Jones: 102 Receptions, 1338 yards

Obviously we don't run the same offense etc. But the guy was trying to make the point that Matt Ryan was handicapped by his weapons and the truth is Matt Ryan is handicapped by his decision to throw the ball to the other team in the red zone. 

On 12/9/2015 at 9:17 AM, WOW!! said:

And what do we have again??

Plain and simple Roddy White here with Cam out produces all our WR.. At some point after 8 years Matty has to take the blame.. Other QB'S  have done more with less.. And not been considered elite..

What we have isn't really relevant to the statement that Ryan's weapons are pretty bad outside of Julio. This isn't a Ryan vs Newton thing. Cam is a better QB than Matt Ryan, this isn't breaking news. 

2 hours ago, C47 said:

What we have isn't really relevant to the statement that Ryan's weapons are pretty bad outside of Julio. This isn't a Ryan vs Newton thing. Cam is a better QB than Matt Ryan, this isn't breaking news. 

And i'm saying they are pretty bad now because of Matty.. Matt is making dumb red zone decisions not his weapons.. He is a avg. Qb and if things aren't perfect around him.. He can't put the team on his back and mask their warts..

41 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And i'm saying they are pretty bad now because of Matty.. Matt is making dumb red zone decisions not his weapons.. He is a avg. Qb and if things aren't perfect around him.. He can't put the team on his back and mask their warts..

You are 100% correct in your assessment 

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2015 at 8:42 AM, Castavar said:

Forget skill poisitions, an elite offensive line is the best weapon you can give a QB. Cam has found that out first hand.

when has Cam ever had an elite offensive line? 

our current OL can't run block worth a dang and pass protection is spotty

4 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Not hijacking the thread but I see a lot of people say Matt isn't like Brady/Rodgers/Cam... Cam is a good QB far as making plays & what not but is he really in the class with Brady & Rodgers? That seems far fetched.

He's in his own class. No one plays the way Cam does. You cannot quantify a third of the things he does for our offense. I can say at this point I wouldn't trade Cam for Rodgers or Brady. They couldn't play with our personnel even if they are terrific QBs.

To be fair the media has made it Lear that we "don't have any weapons " after kb went down so it's not like the fact that Cam is throwing to draft busts (Ginn) has gone unnoticed. 

Now, to put the blame on the Falcons WR core is ridiculous.  They have talent. They aren't the 99 Rams but a good QB should be winning with that team. Ryan is an average QB and always has been. He is a poor man's Phillips Rivers

On Wednesday, December 09, 2015 at 3:38 PM, KendrickPanther said:

Jacob Tamme has more yards than Ted Ginn. Devonte Freeman has more catches than Ted Ginn.

You could add up the stats for Ginn, Funchess, Brown, and Cotchery and it would be comparable to Julio Jones.

Here, I will do it for you:

Panthers(Funch,Ginn,Brown,Cotchery): 100 Receptions, 1415 yards

Julio Jones: 102 Receptions, 1338 yards

Obviously we don't run the same offense etc. But the guy was trying to make the point that Matt Ryan was handicapped by his weapons and the truth is Matt Ryan is handicapped by his decision to throw the ball to the other team in the red zone.

Exactly! If you were picking a team, would you choose Jones, White, Hardy or Ginn, Cotchery, Funchess?  Matt has better weapons than Cam. Sometimes you just have to stop making excuses for him and accept the fact that he's just a "pretty good", not great QB.

18 hours ago, WOW!! said:

That's not the full story though. To act like his supporting cast hasn't gotten worse is ignoring facts. He went from having White in his prime, Julio, Tony Gonzalez, Harry Douglas and a good checkdown option in Jaquizz Rodgers out of the backfield to Julio, Freeman, White (who is now a shell of himself) and Tamme who has never been a difference maker at the TE position. Again....Cam is better than Ryan, but that's not what the discussion is about. Cam being better than Ryan doesn't make Ryan's weapons outside of Julio any less mediocre. Could Cam do more with what Ryan has? Yea...I would bet he could, but Ryan's weapons still have suffered a pretty sizable drop off. 

8 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Exactly! If you were picking a team, would you choose Jones, White, Hardy or Ginn, Cotchery, Funchess?  Matt has better weapons than Cam. Sometimes you just have to stop making excuses for him and accept the fact that he's just a "pretty good", not great QB.

I would choose the team that has Greg Olsen on it. You can't swap WR and not include the entire pass catching unit. 

Archived