• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A significant part of the Panthers success can be attributed to...

Udogg

The Chicago Bears?

Greg Olsen

Getting rid of Ron Rivera which ultimately led to him coming here

Peanut

Jared Allen

Are they like our farm system or something?

Is it like a forgone conclusion that Alshon Jeffrey will be here next year or the year after?

Do we have some kind of profit share with them?

The problem with wanting Gettleman to pay for expensive receiver talent is that Cam has done so well with marginal talent that he has shown Gettleman that he can do great with rookies and journeyman. That allows us to spend the bulk of our money elsewhere and makes acquiring guys like Jeffreys a low priority.

10 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The problem with wanting Gettleman to pay for expensive receiver talent is that Cam has done so well with marginal talent that he has shown Gettleman that he can do great with rookies and journeyman. That allows us to spend the bulk of our money elsewhere and makes acquiring guys like Jeffreys a low priority.

Actually I think the bigger issue preventing that is that a Benjamin-Funchess combo with Ginn as a number three looks pretty good right now.

John Fox knew we would play the seahawks in the playoffs so he made sure cutler got hurt and started clausen against the seahawks, then made sure he made his way to Baltimore to play the seahawks again...just so they would have an overinflated ego. He also knows we will play the broncos in the SB and has surgically inserted microfilm into jared allen's left butt cheek. This was all done with the promise of his initials in the dedication of philly's and fiz's new book.

11 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Unless Alshon presents a deal Getts can't refuse. (Deal on the cheap) He won't make that push. And shouldn't. We have areas that need more attention. CB, SS, TE (to pair with and eventually replace Olsen), and PASS RUSHERS!!! I think these will be priority. IMO.

1 minute ago, mbarbour21 said:

Unless Alshon presents a deal Getts can't refuse. (Deal on the cheap) He won't make that push. And shouldn't. We have areas that need more attention. CB, SS, TE (to pair with and eventually replace Olsen), and PASS RUSHERS!!! I think these will be priority. IMO.

I love the idea of getting a really good young tight end to work with Olsen.

It reminds me of what the Patriots had with Gronkowski and Hernandez (before Hernandez went psycho).

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Actually I think the bigger issue preventing that is that a Benjamin-Funchess combo with Ginn as a number three looks pretty good right now.

That is true, plus Gettleman might even go for another big guy in the draft to play receiver or TE.  We can afford to draft another big guy with upside midway through the draft with these three guys as our starters.  We dont have a lot of holes right now.

Archived