• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McDermott Interviewing with Bucs

AntiBuc

5 hours ago, CRA said:

true, there might be only handful franchises that would have shown the type patience Jerry has in regards to letting Rivera develop.

McD could at least of learned some things from Ron's experience....Ron unlike most HCs is actually a pretty open guy about his own faults and journey.  I think McD if he gets a HC gig will have a more experienced staff starting off than Ron.

Rivera said he wished he had brought a former head coach as an assistant to help give him guidance.  If McDermott does get a head coaching job, hopefully he learns from Ron's mistakes.

5 hours ago, Bartin said:

12 of their last 13 draft picks were used on offensive players. It's natural that the offense would improve and that the defense would still suck when you don't add any actual talent to it.

The biggest turnaround for Tampa has been the same thing that turned us around.  Finding a franchise quarterback.  We have surely shown that you can get by with mediocre players on offense at a number of postions as long as you have a very good franchise quarterback and a few stars on offense.

Interviewing coordinators within the division comes off a little shady. They could ask him questions about the Panthers or the Panthers evaluation of the Bucs to gain information with no real intent to hire. At the same time, McDermott has a strong grasp on defending the Saints and Falcons from his tenure in the NFCS and that could appeal to the Bucs.

That would be a serious dick move to go within the division....seems McD just wants out and to try his hand at HC no matter what...or maybe practice interview.....there has got to be some sort of bro code here or something right? Rivera like really dood?
Doubt I'd be cool with that in his position but who knows how serious the Bucs are for him and him for them.

4 minutes ago, carolinahiatt said:

What if no one hires McDermott? lol and he wants to stay with the Panthers.  I don't know if that's possible but would be a yeah right dude moment gtfo

He interviewed in 2013 as well.  It's normal.  How many interviews did Ron have before getting the Panthers job?  Ron will be cool with keeping Sean.

But yeah, no way I want him to go to the Bucs

I don't like this concept of coaches on current playoff teams spending a lot of time interviewing and looking for HC jobs when they could be with the team focused on the PLAYOFFS preparation. Team doesn't need the distraction and media hoopla especially if McDermott were to get hired before we even play our first playoff game? What damn team are you really on ?

If I were in that position I'd say fug all of that noise and zero in on playoffs peperation or resting for playoffs. Once the team either loses a playoff game or wins the superbowl , THEN you can do all that poo.

I mean I guess they're trying to get the jump on the jobs before any other coach can grab the job. I think a big part of the problem is also all these fuging knee jerk coach firings that happen before the playoffs even start for gods sake. It would be nice if these damn teams could wait until the super bowl was over until they start this circus , so these coaches on playoffs teams don't feel the pressure to hit the coach job hunting when their attention really could be better served for their current time trying to make some  damn history themselves.

Archived