• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AFC Wild Card games thread

Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Have to imagine Lewis gets fired after this.  The total breakdown in the last minute... 

Hate when refs decide the game like that.  Burfict's hit, fine, but... ffs.

If they had just lost in a valiant effort, he might have had a chance. But that was just an absolute embarrassment. I can't see any way he survives that.

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

He could not tell if he had the ball.  Lead with the shoulder. How the hell is that a penalty but a Steelers lead with his helmet and not one.  That bullshit. 

You really don't know the rules, do you?

You cannot target a WR's head...even with your shoulder.  It was a flagrant penalty...it was not even close to a legal play.

1 minute ago, pantherphan96 said:

two flags. 15 on Burfict and 15 on Jones.

I agree that they glossed over the dirty Steelers hit, but Burficts hit was well after the play and it was head hunting. just dumb on his part.

The Burfict play happened fast.  Looked to me like he was aiming his shoulder at Brown's chest,  from his angle wasn't sure if Brown had the ball or not.   Last second,  Brown bent over.and lowered his head.  Looked more like an accidental hit to Brown's helmet.    Which,   as I said,  should definitely be flagged all the same..I just don't think it was head hunting. 

I mean,  that announcer was trying to imply that Burfict's sack on Big Ben was dirty also and head hunting.   When it was a legal football sack. 

Gio gets knocked out by a Steeler launching himself in a helmet to helmet.............  all we heard was "Yeah,  yeah, that is just a good legal hit,    Gio made a football move". 

Archived