• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pulling for the Bengals until......

DaveThePanther2008

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

18 Seconds with no timeouts.  Maybe they hit a quick pass near the sidelines, or maybe they can get up to the line of scrimmage and spike it.  But it would have been dicey. 

The Bengal players were simply a reflection of the Brown's and the entire Bengal management in crunch time. Since they were, we'll never know what a couple quick outs might have netted the Steelers.

5 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

god that gets uglier every time i watch it.

It was just as ugly the first time too.

But some 'old school' football players on this forum seem to think concussions are just character building and intentional shots to the head are just all in good fun.

6 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

god that gets uglier every time i watch it.

if it weren't for burfict's history i could see this being accidental. for instance if it was luke keuchly it would've been a freak accident perhaps actually inspired by god for something bad antonio did that he deserved to pay for

I was about to say the same thing.  The announcers all but came out and said he was the cause of couple of Steeler injuries earlier in the game.

3 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

It was just as ugly the first time too.

But some 'old school' football players on this forum seem to think concussions are just character building and intentional shots to the head are just all in good fun.

I'm very old school, and I think that hit was dirty and Vontaze Burfict is an idiot.

10 minutes ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

He was undrafted. 

Pac Man Jones was traded for...Burfict had major red flags and a worse 40 time. Point is...the roster has cornerstones that are unstable and trash. 

It would be like building the team around Greg Hardy.

They have drafted-coddled and seek problem children on the regular. 

Yea, the sad part is even at full speed you can see he has plenty of time to make the rational choice not to take the extra 2 steps and hit Brown (a penalty in all situations btw).

Instead stays on his route and lowers his shoulder for a blow to the head.  How is this hit being defended by anyone as legal?

2 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

no, but i wouldn't measure them as equally offensive. 

The concept is the same, though. A coach, who honestly had no right to be on the field (brown is a WR, Porter is the LB coach), got into the middle of a scrum in a rivalry game that he used to play in, grabbed a player. That's a dick move. 

Archived