• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official NFC Championship Game Thread

Jeremy Igo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Well they only play one or two years of college!! They’re not ready for the NFL!! What do u expect 
    • From watching film and being a linebacker obsessed maniac for the last 22 years, here's what I can see in the kid.   Pros - great athlete. Closing speed, ability to cover from hash to hash, can tell he understands the routes coming and likes to undercut them. - sure tackler. Now granted, I haven't seen a full game to truly judge this, but his form looks fine. He closes and hits and finishes from the clips I have seen, even on backs like Etienne. - seems to grasp blocking assignments and know generally where to go. When he does see it, he gets there in a hurry. - seems to enjoy blitzing and gets the fug after QBs  Cons - doesn't always understand blocking assignments totally and thus, doesn't get downhill like you want to see. This could've been the way they coached their 4-2 as patience is a way to play it, but it's not how I would run a 4-2 (and I did in high school and college). Some may even say his patience is a good thing because that means he's not running himself out of the play and leaving a cutback lane. Bullshit. Linebackers getting downhill fast and violent is the play. Ray Lewis, Dan Morgan, Luke Kuechly, Zach Thomas, Brian Urlacher, all the greats dominated this way. He needs to find that every down. - unsure on his footwork. He does some hopping and sometimes stops his feet waiting to see where the hole is, and this is bad - pad level starts really high and in the NFL, this is how you die. RBs are about to be second level consistently fast. He's gotta be more aggressive downhill to solve this pad height issue.
    • I don’t know why we didn’t take Wilson with the 3rd. I know the injury history but we also had Thomas Davis on this team.