• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther fans who HATE Cam Newton

Hotsauce

So you are opening this thread like, who the F*** cheers for the Panthers, but wouldn't like Cam.  Well my fellow Huddlers, there are people like this who exist. 

I had a lengthy debate yesterday with an older "wine and cheeser" guy about Cam. He loves the panthers, but hates Cam. Basically his argument was Cam is immature and showboats too much...yada yada yada...you have heard all that BS.  

It's a generational thing I guess, this old guy who is set in his ways, can't grasp how the game is played today.

ohh well, basically my response to him was...

*side note, I have also had conversations this season with SEC fans who cheer for the Panthers who don't necessarily care for Cam either, because they are still butt hurt from his Auburn/Florida days...

image.jpeg

4 minutes ago, GhostP. said:

People that this actually exist??  I've only heard one guy who was screaming for him to be benched for DA and I haven't seen him around the huddle in a LOOOOOOONG time

oh man....

I totally forgot that this was a thing.

Look hard enough and you can find someone who has a problem even in the best of times. QBs are polarizing anyway. Heck, there were some folks that hated Jake in 2003. 

Just enjoy the moment, enjoy the game and enjoy this moment in time. The other people are punished by their own desire to always crap on their own moments of joy.

Feel sorry for them, but don't pay them much attention.

I wouldn't say I hate Cam. I'm still not fond of him because of some recruiting debacle that happened ( basically he promised SC he would sign if they pulled all other QB offers then proceeded to go to Auburn) Lying is a huge issue no matter how many games you win. But he's grown on me a lot since hes become the QB. But for anyone to down right hate the guy is just dumb, especially Panthers fans. 

There is a guy who sits near me at BoA. He has absolutely hated Cam Newton since his rookie year. His reasons have nothing to do with on the field play, which is all I'll say about that. But all of a sudden during the Atlanta game he wanted to make it clear that he "had supported Cam since day 1 unlike most". I shook my head.

Archived