• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Got a Twitter alert this morning about Eric Weddle

Ruff

9 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Anyone who hates Gettleman is clueless and quite honestly should just be banned. The guy built a team who won 3 straight division titles while getting out of cap hell. 

I agree 100 percent that there is really no reason to hate Gman. To me, last season really proved that we are ahead of schedule in reference to being a perennial contender. I will just nitpick a little bit and say that you still can't discount Hurney's imprint on the team, particularly as it pertains to key players.  Mind you I am not going to give Hurney credit forever, but with Davis, Tolbert, Kalil, J-Stew and J-No still being strong parts of the foundation of the success of the team, I just can't give G-man all the credit. He has done a masterful job with the finances and arguably what he has had to work with as far as filling in pieces. I just want to see his depth players make a more consistent contribution and/or for him to address those other obvious weaknesses that we have on this team so that we can actually get that Lombardi. I absolutely believe that Weddle would help us to that end. Anyone that knows football knows the guy still plays at a very high level. 

The thought of Weddle and Coleman (who I also said would surprise back in the spring) as starters in the secondary should scare a lot of people. Add in J-No, possibly Peanut, and Big Play, and we have some outstanding solidity "out back".

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I agree 100 percent that there is really no reason to hate Gman. To me, last season really proved that we are ahead of schedule in reference to being a perennial contender. I will just nitpick a little bit and say that you still can't discount Hurney's imprint on the team, particularly as it pertains to key players.  Mind you I am not going to give Hurney credit forever, but with Davis, Tolbert, Kalil, J-Stew and J-No still being strong parts of the foundation of the success of the team, I just can't give G-man all the credit. He has done a masterful job with the finances and arguably what he has had to work with as far as filling in pieces. I just want to see his depth players make a more consistent contribution and/or for him to address those other obvious weaknesses that we have on this team so that we can actually get that Lombardi. I absolutely believe that Weddle would help us to that end. Anyone that knows football knows the guy still plays at a very high level. 

The thought of Weddle and Coleman (who I also said would surprise back in the spring) as starters in the secondary should scare a lot of people. Add in J-No, possibly Peanut, and Big Play, and we have some outstanding solidity "out back".

Hurney drafted some essential pieces but he could not put the puzzle together. He had zero vision or strategy. That is what Gettleman has done in an wonderful way. 

8 minutes ago, csx said:

Hurney drafted some essential pieces but he could not put the puzzle together. He had zero vision or strategy. That is what Gettleman has done in an wonderful way. 

I think that's a little harsh to say that he had no vision, but strategically he just couldn't figure out how to put all the pieces together. He had the core down, but he didnt know how to effectively shop at the Dollar Store to maintain and keep the team above water (Edit: and many don't, which is something that we suspect Gman thrives at).

29 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I think that's a little harsh to say that he had no vision, but strategically he just couldn't figure out how to put all the pieces together. He had the core down, but he didnt know how to effectively shop at the Dollar Store to maintain and keep the team above water (Edit: and many don't, which is something that we suspect Gman thrives at).

I don't.  A main reason we were in a place to draft no brainers like Newton and Luke is that he botched the previous drafts so badly. He ran the team like a reactionary and emotional fan.

I like his opinions on the radio but think he got on over his dead and was burned out possibly

At this point in his career he might want a chance at a championship, and good veteran players like Weddle might be willing to accept less money to play for a team like the Panthers.  It's going to become a trend as long as we have prime-age Cam Newton.

58 minutes ago, hepcat said:

At this point in his career he might want a chance at a championship, and good veteran players like Weddle might be willing to accept less money to play for a team like the Panthers.  It's going to become a trend as long as we have prime-age Cam Newton.

He doesn't have to accept less money. We're not poor anymore. We can offer him the same thing most teams will.

3 hours ago, Paintballr said:

Harper was a good guy, but almost any safety in the league will be faster then him 

Id go out on a limb and say there's trainers on our sideline that are faster than harp. 

And on any given Sunday probably several thousand fans in attendance that are faster. 

Weddle will be a huge upgrade over Harper.

But don't want to over pay for him. Hope he wants a chance at a ring on the cheap 

Archived