• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fanspeak draft simulator

ncfan

Strictly entertainment value, as the algorithm doesn't really hold true to reality.  I enjoy it to kill time and see what's out there, but end up drafting guys with 1st round values in the 3rd round, etc. Definitely fun to check out though.... just keep expectations in check.  Haha.

7 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Strictly entertainment value, as the algorithm doesn't really hold true to reality.  I enjoy it to kill time and see what's out there, but end up drafting guys with 1st round values in the 3rd round, etc. Definitely fun to check out though.... just keep expectations in check.  Haha.

Yeah for the most part the guys I drafted were around where everyone has them projected.

DT's are stacked deep so easily see Johnson being there in the 2nd, Cooper is a guy they are projecting late 3rd to 4th similar to the kid out of Duke last year. Xavier is super talented but everyone said he left to early and those guys tend to fall down  the boards.  There was a DE from LSU last year, our very own Trai Turner was one.

Fun time killer. I only use CBS or draftrek, big fan of each.

If you feel player X will not be there when you pick, don't pick them in efforts for a more realistic outcome. I do it all the time in the first.

Plus right row I only go 5 rounds, that may change if the boys get a comp pick.

Plus if you use the back arrow on your browser, go back 5\6 pages back. u don't have to go though picking teams, rounds, and list.

Lastly if you don't like the players listed once you have to pick, hit refresh..... 

I've done a few for fun but this was the first one I spent time researching players.

1. Kevin Dodd, DE Clemson, prototypical 4-3 DE who was productive in college

2. Jayron Kearse, S, Clemson, can't coach 6'4" 220, arm length of a left tackle, aggressive & physical

3. Avery Young, T, Auburn, a house at 6'6" 315, 2nd Team All SEC and interestingly enough, Thomas Davis' cousin

4. Deiondre' Hall, CB, Northern Iowa, 6'2" 192, his draft write-up reads a lot like Josh Norman's, good size, not afraid to tackle

5. Harlan Miller, CB, 6'0" 182, yes a double dip, another aggressive player with quick feet, needs to add some weight

This would set-up are secondary very nicely, for the future. I didn't draft the 7th round but hopefully Gettleman could find a nice DT, there.

On 2/14/2016 at 10:46 AM, JawnyBlaze said:

I did a 3 round mock just for shits and giggles, got Dodd, Hunter Henry, and William Jackson III (a CB I've never heard of, but he was the top rated one available).

Jackson will go in the first round.

Every day since last May, I've run 10 to 15 mocks on Fanspeak...probably the most in the nation.  Today they added Walter Football and NFL Draft Geek to the options of rankings to choose from.  The Fanspeak list is updated every Tuesday.

I find it gives me the best choices for what I consider team needs.  No composite yet, but from doing this daily for 10 months, I can tell you that the composite will show this to be a deep draft for DT, WR, and CB.   After the second round, DE's are hard to find.  OT is a position you need to take when you can, because there just aren't a lot of them.  I've done some mocks that made me very happy, and many where I chose the BPA at position of need...and wasn't wild with the results.  All that said, Getty will surprise everyone by doing what's best for the team.

5 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

Every day since last May, I've run 10 to 15 mocks on Fanspeak...probably the most in the nation.  Today they added Walter Football and NFL Draft Geek to the options of rankings to choose from.  The Fanspeak list is updated every Tuesday.

I find it gives me the best choices for what I consider team needs.  No composite yet, but from doing this daily for 10 months, I can tell you that the composite will show this to be a deep draft for DT, WR, and CB.   After the second round, DE's are hard to find.  OT is a position you need to take when you can, because there just aren't a lot of them.  I've done some mocks that made me very happy, and many where I chose the BPA at position of need...and wasn't wild with the results.  All that said, Getty will surprise everyone by doing what's best for the team.

I've never heard of Fanspeak before today, nor have I ever played around with doing a mock draft before.  I've just killed about 3 hours today doing 5 round drafts using all 6 boards.  Fascinating stuff. 

I pretty much totally ignored QBs and LBs (except pass rushing OLBs / DEs)

Looks to me like we have a good shot at getting solid DTs, TEs, C/G, RBs (and WRs) in the draft,   For sure, there are some excellent DEs and CBs and some OTs, that MIGHT fall to us, but for all 3 of these positions where we really need some help, the draft is a bit iffy as to who will be there when we pick (unless Getts is willing to move up to snag a guy).  In the 6 drafts I did, I didn't have a lot of luck getting good players at these 3 positions.  I think we need some free agent help at all 3 of these positions.

Archived