• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better know a prospect - Kevin Dodd

Jeremy Igo

Agree, good pick. Also agree that maybe keeping Allen would be a good choice (hindsight being 20/20). If Getts goes with a high pick at DE instead of a FA, then Allen has value. Don't know what will be C.J's story....to be a fly on the wall when D.G sits him down to talk.

37 minutes ago, zacka77ack said:

Benjamin was also a prospect who had only put up legit numbers for 1 season before being the Panthers 1st rounder.

Benjamin was a lot more polished coming out than people gave him credit for.

------------

If there's one thing I think we can take away from DG's 3 1st rounders is that he looks for immediate impact. We saw Shaq come on strong near the end and I think that's what DG thought he'd get all year. Star and Benji obviously made their presence felt right away as well. For this reason I just don't see DG drafting someone like Dodd who will be a project or Nassib (who I'm not a fan of) or one of the back end tackles. Gettleman has his work cut out for him this time with a late pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see DG jump up a few spots in order to land an impact player. What's he say? Rather have a dime than two nickels?

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Benjamin was a lot more polished coming out than people gave him credit for.

------------

If there's one thing I think we can take away from DG's 3 1st rounders is that he looks for immediate impact. We saw Shaq come on strong near the end and I think that's what DG thought he'd get all year. Star and Benji obviously made their presence felt right away as well. For this reason I just don't see DG drafting someone like Dodd who will be a project or Nassib (who I'm not a fan of) or one of the back end tackles. Gettleman has his work cut out for him this time with a late pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see DG jump up a few spots in order to land an impact player. What's he say? Rather have a dime than two nickels?

I think the bold part of your quote is the most important.  Last year, he moved up for Funchess, because he knew he wanted him rather than some late round dudes.  The experts said he over drafted Shaq.  Gettleman will get who he wants, regardless.  I think that this year will be no different.  He's going to play the FA game the best he can so he can get the best football players.  If we only end up drafting 3-4 guys, but they contribute in one way or another, isn't that a lot better than drafting 8 players who may not make the field?

• Pie 4

I wouldn't have too many issues with this pick.  I like his size(6'5" 275 lbs!), and seems to have a good motor.  It's just so tough to make much of an impact, at that position, in the first couple of years.  Especially with his lack of experience.  Even so, it could be very good in a couple of years.

4 minutes ago, Nick_81 said:

I wouldn't have too many issues with this pick.  I like his size(6'5" 275 lbs!), and seems to have a good motor.  It's just so tough to make much of an impact, at that position, in the first couple of years.  Especially with his lack of experience.  Even so, it could be very good in a couple of years.

When's the last time a 1st round DE produced amazing numbers?

2 hours ago, Nicbsbll2 said:

My only issue with him is that he was "the other guy" along the Clemson line. Wouldn't be the first time we've seen a player that was opposite of a star on their line to go somewhere else and not be able to produce. 

So was Martavis Bryant from Clemson..and honestly right now he is outshining Watkins with his play.

BTW, damn if Clemson hasn't produced some serious talent at WR lately.  Hopkins, Watkins, Bryant...all big names right now in the NFL in only 2-3 year span.

Edited by Dunn
  • Pie 2