• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rank your Top5 sports team you root for

bLACKpANTHER

Just now, CCS said:

1. Panthers

By far. It's really not even close. 

2. Charlotte Hornets

I enjoy basketball and they're my team. Slowly becoming disenfranchised with the entire NBA though.

3. Virginia Tech Hokies Football

I grew up really close to Blacksburg. They were my team before even the Panthers were. The last few years have been difficult to follow though. 

4. Carolina  Hurricanes

I'm really getting in to hockey, so much that I think they could be #2 this next time next year. 

5. Arizona State Sundevils Football

They're my college. I pretty much know jack poo about their history and such though. I can't really devote much time to learning about the team when I'm spending my time trying to graduate from the school.

Canes have been pretty good too, with a good young core. It's a good time to get into hockey.

1. Auburn Football - I'm an '85 alum.  Season ticket holder since '85.  My son is a '14 alum.  Nuff said.

2. Carolina Panthers - My adopted team that I love dearly.

3. Atlanta Braves - My first Braves game was in 1968.  I was 7 years old.  Hank Aaron hit his 500th home run that day.

4. Liverpool FC - Being an Auburn fan, its almost natural being a Liverpool FC fan.  They can be amazingly good at times, then turn around and ruin your year by being amazingly average or awful.

5. Auburn Basketball - Ahhhh, the agony of AU basketball.  Historically bad with flashes of greatness (Charles Barkley, Chuck Person).

1. Atlanta Braves

I'm a typical kid from the 90's, growing up watching the Braves with my Broncos fan older brother and my only semi-interested in the NFL father. Baseball always has been the sport that brings my family together. 

2. Carolina Panthers

Little to no explanation needed here. The home state team, the Cardiac Cats. I used to think it was the coolest thing in the world that I shared a name with our starting QB. 

3/4. UNC Tar Heel Basketball/Appalachian State Mountaineer Football

I idolized my aforementioned big brother when I was younger, and since he was a Tar Heel fan so am I. Besides, in NC you've got to be on one of three sides and I enjoy ribbing my State fan father.

As for the Mountaineers, it's where I went to college and Kid Brewer Stadium is where my ass was planted every Saturday home game, which was usually won by the good guys. 

5. Charlotte Hornets

I'm honestly attempting to get more into the NBA and I now have a TV package where I can watch the Hornets on a regular basis. I thought brining back the old name was cool, and between Cho and Clifford there's a lot of leadership to build on there with some pretty good younger players. 

The only team I care for is the Panthers. I used to watch all the Pistons games and loved Isiah and Dumars and that team, but gotten to the point now where I don't care about basketball. Don't care about baseball at all. Don't care about hockey either. Would rather watch paint dry or grass grow than watch any college sport (except when watching NFL draft prospects that could become Panthers). Soccer, hell no.

Archived