• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official NFL Free Agency Thread

Mr. Scot

Seeing all of this go down today. I am SOOOO thankful we have Gettlelman as our GM.  First, he locked up the core of the Super Bowl squad we had from last year which is almost impossible to do. Generally as you can see with the Broncos after you go to the Super Bowl players want more money and coaches want to be HCs.  We are keeping our staff and our players.  Second, look at these ridiculous money these one year wonders are getting.  The quarterbacks, Osweiler and Daniel just got PAID $$$ and they are back ups.  Oliver Vernon who thought would be a good pick up just hit Giants for 5 year 85 mill.  Jenkins the "top" CB in FA just got $12 mill a year.  Its actually been entertaining to see the teams like the Dolphins and the Raiders spend so much money and can't show wins for it.

Keep doing you Gettleman! I'm gonna sit back with you and watch the first couple of Free Agency spending go by and then you can pick from the valuables left and set your own price.

11 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Just checked the PFF Free Agent tracker.

We tied with the Texans & the Vikings for the most Free Agent signings so far, with 6 signings (counting Webb, who supposedly is not officially signed yet).  Of course all our signings are our own guys.  (They don't include Swayze Waters from the CFL).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/11/pro-2016-free-agency-tracker/

I guess Norman and Remmers don't count if they haven't signed their tenders. 

I don't see how Miller gets any less then 20 million per after the Vernon contract. Hell he could ask for 22 per and be with in reason based on whats being thrown around.

That's what I would open with if I was his agent. Just a few words, Clearly my client is worth 4 million more per season then Vernon... right?

Of course he is.

2 minutes ago, Kuechly59 said:

Seeing these numbers has to make Greg Hardy sick..... had he behaved himself he would be the best DE on the market...

Given that Hardy is damaged goods, and given these astronomical signings, it makes me think he will once again be signed by a team looking for decent DE production at a cheaper cost.  Sigh....

(But while his $$$ cost will be cheaper, there's also the team chemistry cost...)

3 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I fully expect Von Miller to get 5 years, 100 million, 60 guaranteed now. 

Hell, if I'm Von's agent that's what you need to be offering for me not to just hang up the phone immediately.

Archived