• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1st Round RBs vs. 2nd and 3rd Round RBs The Past 10 or so Years

Ricky Spanish

8 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

here are the backs we know we've met with

RB
Josh Ferguson, Illinois (Shrine) Proj Round: 3rd-5th

Kenyan Drake, Alabama (Senior Bowl) Proj Round: 3rd-4th

Derrick Henry, Alabama (Workout) Proj Round:1st-2nd

Tyler Ervin, San Jose State (Private) Proj Round: 3rd-5th

Kenyan Drake would be a huge steal in the 3rd and a huge upgrade at the Fozzie position.

The reservation I have of Henry is the lack of catches, to be honest. I like my running back to be more of thread on passing situations, especially on third down.

I'm not as anti-RB in the 1st as most people here, and I wouldn't be upset if Gettleman pulled the trigger, but I won't be ecstatic about it, either. I'll just have to put faith in the front office on this one.

8 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

The second contract part or the 3 years of at least 1000 yards in a 16 game season part?

The "I personally, would want them to reach a second contract with their original team, because that shows that their original team wanted them around" part.

On 4/19/2016 at 11:22 AM, Cracka McNasty said:

CJ2K fell off a cliff after his 2000 yard season. The only RB where there is absolutely NO debate/Caveat/Asterisks about worthiness is Adrian "Child Beater" Peterson. 

1. How is 4 more 1,000+ seasons falling off a cliff?

2. Point to any child, and I would beat them right now, without breaking eye contact with their mother, to have drafted AP. 

3 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

The "I personally, would want them to reach a second contract with their original team, because that shows that their original team wanted them around" part.

I should have added "or got a big contract from their second team" That's the umbrella where Lynch falls under andit's not as important to me as multiple productive years. 

On April 19, 2016 at 1:42 PM, miko dawg said:

I appreciate the analysis, but, and I may be off base, the same can be said about most positions in professional football.  Its just speculation.  I have nothing to back it up.

Yeah, you are correct.  Some positions hit a little more than others but most positions are around the same failure percentage.

Archived