• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettlemens Negotiation with Norman

chknwing

It really seem fairly simple to me.  We wanted to keep Josh for one more,year to keep the team together for another run at the SB.  When he refused to sign the tender and threatened a holdout out, we didn't want the distraction.  My guess is that we told his agent if he could find a trade we would be willing to negotiate less than the two 1s, and nothing came of it.  Finally we needed to do something before the draft to replace him.

11 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Dave is not an emotional reactionary.  I would confidently bet my mortgage payment he has a plan in place for this very scenario.

He has built enough credit to date for the benefit of the doubt.

this is far from done.

Who is his plan?

3 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Who worked out their contracts?

Who drafted and signed them? My argument is that all of this succes is not soley based on Gettleman  which a lot of ppl make it out to be. This upswing started in 2011 way before he got here credit goes to the team not one man.  Gettleman has played his role but the glory is not all his. 

6 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Who drafted and signed them? My argument is that all of this succes is not soley based on Gettleman  which a lot of ppl make it out to be. This upswing started in 2011 way before he got here credit goes to the team not one man.  Gettleman has played his role but the glory is not all his. 

He finalized their latest contracts to keep them here. Gettleman is the mastermind of our success.

41 minutes ago, CRA said:

Everyone has their own pros and cons.  At one point Hurney looked like an awesome GM.  Now, I am not saying Dave is bad....but we might now have our first look at a flaw of Dave's....

for the most part...Gettlmen has been viewed has half man, half god, half possible centaur.   A man that can do no wrong.  The golden touch that everyone else should be jealous of....

but Dave just let Carolina groom an All Pro corner and let him walk out the door.  If Hurney pulled this off at the end of his tenure it would be the biggest thing he was blasted for despite many options to look at.   Do not like.  IMO even if you know you can't work a long term deal you rent him with the tag for this year 

Were the patriots wrong for doing the exact same thing last year? 

28 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Ron Rivera , Cam, & Luke accounts for 65 % of the success rest is Gettleman my friends 

Lets see, knowing Hurney, we would've been in cap hell by the time Cam and Luke's contracts came about, and one or both of them would've been out the door. Plus, Hurney initially wasn't gunning for Luke, but Tampa Bay saved our butts, or so they say.

39 minutes ago, osd22 said:

Who knows if Josh would have signed the tender? If not, there never was a rent option. 

Hurney would have given him 18 Mil. per year for 5 years. :) 

The move hurts both sides, but I like Gmans approach and his ballz. 

He would have eventually signed.

I'm not sure anyone can convince me that Gettlemen couldn't of traded him for SOMETHING.  I think the biggest flaw MAY end up being Dave has an ego.  Think Dave likes that people think it was a gangsta/statement. Carolina seems to be sending that narrative out to media.

End of the day we would be better off with something in return IMO even if it means Dave looks less badass tough in the process.   

So a team will sign him.... then explain why Dave couldn't of traded for some picks (even if less than we would want ideally...bc the option we went for was nothing)

5 hours ago, CRA said:

He would have eventually signed.

I'm not sure anyone can convince me that Gettlemen couldn't of traded him for SOMETHING.  I think the biggest flaw MAY end up being Dave has an ego.  Think Dave likes that people think it was a gangsta/statement. Carolina seems to be sending that narrative out to media.

End of the day we would be better off with something in return IMO even if it means Dave looks less badass tough in the process.   

So a team will sign him.... then explain why Dave couldn't of traded for some picks (even if less than we would want ideally...bc the option we went for was nothing)

He probably would have signed...eventually. Gman however, wasn't going to let him drag this thing out. Missing OTAs, Mini Camps, maybe even TC. That ain't what this team is about. Whether you like it or not. All that is a distraction. We don't do distractions round here.

You cannot get anything in a trade for a player who is not under contract. I mean, I would have thought that people would know this.

Most people have an ego. But I guess Gman isn't allowed? Not that it makes any difference in this case. And I am sure Gman looks in the mirror every day and says; how can I keep this gangsta image going. C'mon man. Gman is a straight shooter. He don't care how anyone outside the organization views him. He is going to do what he feels is best for this team. Bottom line.

Now what really would have made Gman look badass would be for him to get something in a trade for a player he doesn't even have under contract. THAT is badass.

I know I am being a bit sarcastic. But it is better than you being down right silly.

Archived