• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derrick Henry Ranked 64th in Mayocks top 100

chknwing

4 hours ago, TheRed said:

Mayock didn't think Newton or Wilson was even worth a first round pick.

Why anyone with a pulse would put any stock in his opinion is entirely perplexing.

What a dumb comment. The fuging Seahawks didn't think Wilson was worth a 1st round pick.

35 minutes ago, ooglechi said:

What a dumb comment. The fuging Seahawks didn't think Wilson was worth a 1st round pick.

Eat my shorts ya gremlin.

The main point was about Newton. But the broader point was that these "analysts" don't know jack poo when it comes to predicting which quarterbacks will successfully transition in the NFL. Yet their analysis can, and does substantially impact draft stock. It's a joke.

51 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Eat my shorts ya gremlin.

The main point was about Newton. But the broader point was that these "analysts" don't know jack poo when it comes to predicting which quarterbacks will successfully transition in the NFL. Yet their analysis can, and does substantially impact draft stock. It's a joke.

To dumb teams....

4 hours ago, ooglechi said:

Wilson lucked out big time by going to seattle. Excellent coaching defense and running game. 

Where do you think he would be if St Louis drafted him?

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Wilson lucked out big time by going to seattle. Excellent coaching defense and running game. 

Where do you think he would be if St Louis drafted him?

I thought that he would be a successful NFL QB, so I don't think I will back away from that.

The arm, smarts, completion %, TD/INT ratio, etc were all there, and the level of competition and number of games started as well.  I think that he would succeed anywhere.

3 hours ago, thefuzz said:

I thought that he would be a successful NFL QB, so I don't think I will back away from that.

The arm, smarts, completion %, TD/INT ratio, etc were all there, and the level of competition and number of games started as well.  I think that he would succeed anywhere.

He had no pressure on him as a rookie to win games, just manage them. If thrown to the wolves else where... bye bye confidence. David Carr syndrome. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

He had no pressure on him as a rookie to win games, just manage them. If thrown to the wolves else where... bye bye confidence. David Carr syndrome. 

Possible, but IMO not probable.

He's a pretty smart guy, and a 2 sport athlete that has succeeded and failed.  Again, it's just an opinion,  but from someone who watched him a ton in college, and knows some folks that were close to him....awfully driven guy.

I think Wilson is a lot mentally tougher than Carr was, but he definitely went to a great situation in Seattle.  As a 3rd round lick, he wasn't even expected to start right away.  They'd just signed Matt Flynn to pretty good money.  He won the job and got to lean heavily in Beast Mode early in his career.

19 hours ago, jdpanther5 said:

I do kinda agree on Booker being above him, but both are probably top 50 prospects. 

I really really like Devontae Booker.

Comes out of a read-option offense, was a steady workhorse, very good in pass-pro and receiving, low center of gravity.

Plus, Carolina has luck with Utah guys. :P

Archived