• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roman Harper Signs with NO Saints

bryn10

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hilarious. He was terrible for them at the end, came here and resurrected his career behind our elite front seven and somehow N.O. thinks he's turned back the clock?  LOL! 

That's the way it goes.

I like Harper here.  He was a good mentor, but we all saw he had some limitations.  It really helps when you have that front seven in front of you.  NO does not have our front seven.  They might be better than they were, but they aren't as good as us.

Good for Roman Harper. I hated him as a Saint, hated him through most of his first season here, then he adjusted and he became a very key guy for us. We obviously didn't want to resign him, so his probable only option other than retiring was playing for the Saints again. Can't begrudge a guy that. I have a feeling he'll be about as effective for the Saints as Charles Godfrey was for the Falcons though.

Uncle Rome was a big asset to our guys, seemed to add a lot to the team.  Glad he could have a good two years with us.  Will be interesting to see how he does with the Saints.  I wonder how bad the culture shock will be for him going from the 3 time division winner to a team that's struggling, especially on D.

I hated Harper when he came here, but I didn't know anything other than he was with the Saints.  He turned out to be an awesome guy.  Talked to him for a few minutes during his first TC with us, and I immediately changed my opinion of him.  What he did for the team, and the young guys truly was priceless, if you think about it.  Of course he's older, and slower, but I'm not sure that back end would have been half as successful without him.  He made sure those young guys were where they needed to be, and I don't recall a time he was out of position.  He would just get beat sometimes, due to the age factor.  He also made for great interviews.  All around great guy, and I will miss him.

Archived