• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Williams stays in Charlotte: 4 years, $54.5 million

Wundrbread33

Wow.  Ryan Anderson gets 20 mil a yr.  Mozgov 16 a yr.  Fuggin Anthony Tolliver 8 mil a yr.  Luol Deng 18 a yr.

We keep Marvin for 13.5.  I don't see how anyone can be disappointed in this deal at all.  Now go grab a defensive center and a backup PG and we are good to go.

3 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Zeller for Monroe? He is being made available by the Bucks...

The Bucks would give Monroe away for a rock and still no one wants him.  I'm telling you moving Zeller for Monroe does not make us any better in the slightest.  Monroe is just a younger version of Al, good post game but slows down every thing on offense and he's fuging useless on defense.  I do not want any more players on this team that stop the ball on offense, we're done with that.  You guys are sleeping hard on Zeller.  Is he ever going to be an all-star?  No, but he played some damn good ball for us last year.  Zeller is an extremely underrated defender, Clifford loves him because he's an exceptional team defender.  Maybe the second best we have after MKG.  Per-36 (not a fan of this stat either but want to use it), Zeller averaged 13/9 last year while shooting +52%.  That's not bad at all.  He's also a good passer which makes him effective on offense, plus he can be a force catching the ball and going to the hoop because he's so athletic.  Zeller is not a bad player at all, the last half of last year was by far the best ball he's played for us and coincidentally that's the first time his primary position was C.  Also, that's when we started playing our best ball and got rolling.  Do not get the Cody hate, in my opinion he's earned the right to try to establish himself as our C going forwards.  Damn if he just had longer arms he would be a stud.  Cody deserves a chance at getting 30+ minutes per game next year.  Let's bring in Cole Aldrich to play those extra ~15 minutes and let's go to battle.

This Marvin deal is incredible.  4 years is a little ehhhhh, but the monetary value is superb. Honestly thought he might get up to 20m/year.  Hope he just keeps getting better for us, I think in our new offense he will. 

Archived