• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First 48: who is left on wish list

bLACKpANTHER

PG: Brandon Jennings, Deron Williams, Randy Foye, Raymond Felton

C: David Lee, Jared Sullinger, Festus Ezeli, Greg Monroe (trade), Vucevic (trade)

So how do we replace/upgrade the losses of Lin, Lee and Al??

You figure Frank will get better after his rookie year but need to find a way to get quality replacements and not just bodies.. flipping Hawes/Lamb for cap space is always an option but we need to make another key move because the Knicks, Celtics have both gotten better.. and a few others got some nice additions 

We have to trade for a center, I can't fathom this team going into the season starting Zeller out there with Hawes backing him up, I mean, lol.   Especially with the rest of the league getting better at center.  

10 hours ago, Zaximus said:

We have to trade for a center, I can't fathom this team going into the season starting Zeller out there with Hawes backing him up, I mean, lol.   Especially with the rest of the league getting better at center.  

Hawes did play really well in the playoffs to be fair.

10 hours ago, WOW!! said:

We need a shot blocking center and a back up PG..

Eziel, or trade Zeller..

Ezeli is so ass, got horrifically exposed in the playoffs. I can live with Jennings, and a low-key defensive big signing/trade.

Monroe is essentially a younger Jefferson, but he's got more modern aged Center tools to actually be competitive.

17 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Big men rumored to be available in trades:

Greg Monroe - 2yrs $17 mil

Nikola Vucevic - 3yrs $11.8mil

Marcin Gortat - 3yrs $12mil

Last 2 of those deals look amazing in comparison to the past 2 days.. I would be happy with either

Vucevic is not happening. Monroe is a possibility and so is Gortat but would take moving a 1st round pick.

2 hours ago, rico6 said:

Ezeli is so ass, got horrifically exposed in the playoffs. I can live with Jennings, and a low-key defensive big signing/trade.

Monroe is essentially a younger Jefferson, but he's got more modern aged Center tools to actually be competitive.

Monroe is also like  Jefferson on defense.. We need rim protection, and  rebounding, EziEl is  better at that than Monroe by a long shot..

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Monroe is also like  Jefferson on defense.. We need rim protection, and  rebounding, EziEl is  better at that than Monroe by a long shot..

I agree we need defense but out offense works much better with a scoring option in the post, ideally cliff wants us to be a 1 in 4 out offense and you can't do that without someone who can score down low. And who knows maybe cliff and Ewing could get Monroe to be a better more complete player.

Also speaking of centers, whatever happened to the dude in Minnesota who was built like a tank, is he still playing? 

9 minutes ago, Manos said:

I agree we need defense but out offense works much better with a scoring option in the post, ideally cliff wants us to be a 1 in 4 out offense and you can't do that without someone who can score down low. And who knows maybe cliff and Ewing could get Monroe to be a better more complete player.

Also speaking of centers, whatever happened to the dude in Minnesota who was built like a tank, is he still playing? 

Pekovic. Injuries hit him and he hasn't done a thing since 2014

Archived