• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"PFF: Panthers worst secondary in NFL"

3 minutes ago, usmcpanthers said:

No reason for my bad, wasnt blaming you.... I was blaming PFF. They did repost it cuz the date is updated.

Yep, they posted it right after the Norman deal.  It's vacation week for nfl peeps so a rerun was in order I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Nick_81 said:

NFL's worst secondary? a092e2450bff2926a1ea7b8c68e96e5b.png watch this.

Nice find for those of us not in the tweeterverse. Glad to see someone in our secondary saw this, and hopefully that will be motivation for them.

I feel like we will have some growing pains early on in the season in the secondary, but our pass rush will still be intact so we will make due as the rookies get up to nfl speed

1st of all, Norman didn't even get the most interceptions by a Panther last season.

I really hate when anybody (fan, writer, whomever) makes such a statement when rookies will be a big part of that equation. 

Saying we have the worse secondary in the NFL because Norman is gone, and we're relying on a couple of rookies, is just lazy. 

Fact is, we won't know anything until we're into the season, and the roomies will get better in the second half of the  season. What are they gonna say when our defense is still a top defense? 

Just now, pantherclaw said:

1st of all, Norman didn't even get thw most interceptions by a Panther last season.

I really hate when anybody (fan, writer, whomever) makes such a statement when rookies will be a big part of that equation. 

Saying we have the worse secondary in the NFL because Norman is gone, and we're relying on a couple of rookies, is just lazy. 

Fact is, we won't know anything until we're into the season, and the roomies will get better in the second half of the  season. What are thwy gonna say when our defense is still a top defense? 

"But who did you play?" Haha 

I'm with you, we will take our lumps early but our defense as a whole has shown it can mask weaknesses in the secondary. We are simply too talented up front to not succeed. I think Worley is gonna be a stud, when he puts it all together and learns his role in our scheme he's gonna ball. 

4 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

1st of all, Norman didn't even get the most interceptions by a Panther last season.

Fact is, we won't know anything until we're into the season, and the roomies will get better in the second half of the  season. What are they gonna say when our defense is still a top defense? 

It's because of their front seven, that's why their rookie's look so good.  Come on, you're not new here.  You know how this rhetoric works.  

19 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

As of right now ... with the unknowns ... its a fair assessment.  Peanut and JNo are gone.  Bene is coming back from an injury.  Other than Bene, we have rookies and a couple journeymen.  Not very strong on paper.

I understand what you are saying about JNo not having the most interceptions but that doesn't account for everything.  Opposing teams had to account for him in their gameplan.  Also, McD could roll safety coverage away from JNo, which made it even tougher.  JNo's absence, and the lack of a credible replacement (at this point), opens up the field.  It's going to hurt.  We just don't know how bad yet. 

Archived