• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Over the last 5 years, there is only one person I truly miss

Jangler

6 hours ago, French Navy said:

Unironically miss Shockey. 

I think this year we are going to see more Tight End action than the summer months in SoHo. 

Jokes aside, I really believe the 2016 tweak to the offense is going to rely more on using tight ends as pass catchers, outlets/weapons along with Olsen. It adds another dimention to our powerhouse offense. 

No more mortgaging our future cap room on Tuesday for some loyal but declining players today. 

That said, Cam, Luke, Stewart, Kalil, CJ and TD were all drafted under Hurney and we also nabbed Olsen for a mere third rounder. He should receive at least some credit for those key pieces we have on our current roster. Of course, had he stuck around, it's less likely we would have the nice role players we have now since all the money would've gone to the top guys.

7 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Jesus man, look at the remainder of the 2011 draft. None of those players are even in the league. We saw what this team is capable of with Cam, Luke and shitty bottom two thirds of the roster. (6-10, 7-9)
Picking high first round picks is the easiest part of a GM job.

Tell that to the Browns. 

14 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Jesus man, look at the remainder of the 2011 draft. None of those players are even in the league. We saw what this team is capable of with Cam, Luke and shitty bottom two thirds of the roster. (6-10, 7-9)
Picking high first round picks is the easiest part of a GM job.

You are wrong. Terrell McClain is still going strong with the Cowboys.

From the late 3rd round on all the players were garbage outside of Richard Sherman. You act like all the other teams did not bomb on the 2011 after the mid 3rd round. Nice try. The 2011 draft was weak for every team.

Just be glad Gettleman was not the GM in 2011 and 2012. He would not have hired Rivera, traded for Olsen, drafted Cam, or drafted Kuechly. The Panthers would have had Spagnuolo as HC, nothing at TE, Marcell Dareus with the 1st pick in the 2011 draft, and Dontari Poe with the 9th pick in the 2012 draft. Sage Rosenfels would have been the Panthers starting QB in 2011 with Ryan Mallett preparing to be the Panthers franchise QB.

You do realize how badly the Giants screwed up their 1st round picks while Gettleman was at the table for their drafts? Hakeem Nicks was the best 1st round pick of the bunch, and Gettleman does not even want to touch Nicks now. So, yes teams can screw up their first round picks and the Giants proved that point.

Archived