• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman on Panthers Front Office - "Dictatorship"

Vagrant

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17373089/josh-norman-rips-roger-goodell-backs-redskins-espn-magazine

Norman's franchise tag was rescinded by the Carolina Panthers this past offseason, and he then signed a five-year, $75 million deal with Washington in April. He told The Magazine that he felt constrained in Carolina, that he was asked to cut down on his trash talk but wouldn't because "I'm not a fake."

He said the team's conservative nature made him expendable.

"They kind of shunned me," he said. "They turned down a lot of stuff for me, interviews, sponsorship deals, stuff I didn't even know about. They wanted it to be about the two main guys, Cam [Newton] and Luke [Kuechly]."

In Washington, he said he thinks he can "grow."

"...t feels like everybody can say whatever they want," he said. "It's a free-flowing kind of place. It's like going from a dictatorship to freedom."

This makes me feel a lot better about the franchise tag ordeal. He wasn't willing to play football the Panthers way, So he'll go off to the Redskins and cash out the rest of his playing days with a franchise that has more money than sense. Have at it,

3 minutes ago, panthers_fan_in_tx said:

The one game where he was subdued a lot, (2nd atl game )we lost last year too, TBH.  The whole team seemed flat in that one.  

We built our franchise around Cam Newton.  We aren't conservative.  He is the most dynamic and showboating QB in the NFL

I think they wanted Norman to cut back on the stupidity more so than trash talk.  I mean, Thomas Davis had to make sure he wasn't getting flags on a routine basis. That crosses the line from trash talk to dumb and was a constant worry.

also, I don't buy the Atlanta Norman is what the staff wanted from Norman

11 minutes ago, Vagrant said:

"They kind of shunned me," he said. "They turned down a lot of stuff for me, interviews, sponsorship deals, stuff I didn't even know about. They wanted it to be about the two main guys, Cam [Newton] and Luke [Kuechly]."

Now that is straight BS and he knows it. Cam and Luke are two of the leaders on the team, but they are part of a much larger collective of TD, Kalil, Olsen, and CJ. He's making himself look worse every day and he's setting up for a massive disappointment if he doesn't perform up to the standards of that contract. He's still got a lot of maturing to do.

Archived