• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All the Shula haters...

London Loves Luke

How many seasons in and this guy still can't get a play call out to Cam in time?  We're always like 2 seconds from a delay of game.   It must be pretty easy for opposing teams to get a good pass rush when they know exactly when we're about to hike because we wait till 2 seconds are on the clock.   I don't expect it to be fixed, since apparently our coaches can't tell time.    

It wasn't a bad game but Shula is still very bad, when he's bad and still calls the same questionable plays, but it was definitely better than last week.  Cam still carries him hard.  

6 hours ago, London Loves Luke said:

Feeling better this week? I expect some people think 99% of the plays this week must have been Cam decisions and that this week we got the ball out of Cam's hands much quicker?

Shula called a decent game, like last week, its just this week we didn't come up against an all-time defence.

I have to disagree.  Up the middle for 1 or two yards, Ah.....I'm not gonna start.  shula is the week link.

Just now, panthers55 said:

Yeah.  I guess 39 nuts is quite a bunch for this blind offense.

lol...

Shula still called 8 of every 10 run plays right up the gut for net maybe 2 yards. I thought JStew just wanted to go to the locker room in protest, and imagined when he came back out to tell the guys good luck or whatever he was really just saying "got damn guys I can't take no more of these stupid draw plays right up the gut."

Then we get Fozzy in there and run a sweep or two and, SURPRISE, it opens up the passing game a little more...

He's also still calling stupid fuging route trees that is going to end up with more picks over the middle against these types of defenses, especially if Cam is rushed...

I love that we dominated, but that game should have been like 60-7 but Shula made it 46-27

6 hours ago, London Loves Luke said:

People still hating on a co-ordinator that just called a 46 point game because of single "mistakes" (most of which aren't mistakes but actually legit 4 minute offence plays where you want to make sure you keep the ball in between the lines but not run your QB for no reason in the 4th quarter).

The only thing I can really compare you guys to at this point is Rex Ryan, and that's saying something.

You're my Huddle Brother and I love you for it, but you are wrong on shula.

15 minutes ago, Bronn said:

lol...

Shula still called 8 of every 10 run plays right up the gut for net maybe 2 yards. I thought JStew just wanted to go to the locker room in protest, and imagined when he came back out to tell the guys good luck or whatever he was really just saying "got damn guys I can't take no more of these stupid draw plays right up the gut."

Then we get Fozzy in there and run a sweep or two and, SURPRISE, it opens up the passing game a little more...

He's also still calling stupid fuging route trees that is going to end up with more picks over the middle against these types of defenses, especially if Cam is rushed...

I love that we dominated, but that game should have been like 60-7 but Shula made it 46-27

The problem is you see the play but dont know what you are looking at.  We may call a run up the middle 3 times in a row but the blocking on each play is totally different.  We line up the same way several times but so something different on each play.  That is the point.  Make it look like the same play but do something different.  Obviously for fans who think we did the same thing, it worked because you didnt pick up the difference. And we run uo the middle because the strength of our line is our center and two guards.  DUH.

The only interception was because of a tipped ball on a poorly thrown pass not a poorly designed play.  And the reason we throw more balls over the middle is because of how Cam throws the ball.  He throws the ball flat and hard many times.  He still struggles with throwing the touch pass or lofting the pass between two defenders.  Even when he throws it deep he likes to throw it up and let the receiver run underneath it instead of trying to thread the needle. Plus our offense throws lots of crossing routes which  confuses the offense but by nature means the ball is going over the middle and if overthrown or tipped can easily be picked off..

I could go on and on but like pearls before swine is mostly wasted on folks who want to tear things down and complain instead of truly understand what is going on.  I love how each week the announcers and folks who actually coached or played the game talk about how creative and innovative our offense is and then folks like you come on and criticize it. 

But I am done here.  I get tired of the same people coming on her and making the stupid ill informed complaints no matter how the offense plays.  If you want to see problems and expect to see them, it isnt surprising that you see what you expect. 

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The problem is you see the play but dont know what you are looking at.  We may call a run up the middle 3 times in a row but the blocking on each play is totally different.  We line up the same way several times but so something different on each play.  That is the point.  Make it look like the same play but do something different.  Obviously for fans who think we did the same thing, it worked because you didnt pick up the difference.

The only interception was because of a tipped ball on a poorly thrown pass not a poorly designed play.  And the reason we throw more balls over the middle is because of how Cam throws the ball.  He throws the ball flat and hard many times.  He still struggles with throwing the touch pass or lofting the pass between two defenders.  Plus our offense throws lots of crossing routes which  confuses the offense but by nature means the ball is going over the middle.

I could go on and on but like pearls before swine is mostly wasted on folks who want to tear things down and complain instead of truly understand what is going on.  I love how each week the announcers and folks who actually coached or played the game talk about how creative and innovative our offense is and then folks like you come on and criticize it. 

But I am done here.  I get tired of the same people coming on her and making the stupid ill informed complaints no matter how the offense plays.  If you want to see problems and expect to see them, it isnt surprising that you see what you expect. 

Bro, you're fighting the good fight but with the Shula haters you can't win with logic or actual knowledge of football.  

Archived