• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith: A Football Life 11.18.16

Datawire

I loved Smith for years, and I still hope he does well.  While on one hand. If like to think that Smith would have been the guy who would have taken the fine and ejection to stop the head hunting. 

But he wore his welcome out. While we celebrate or favorite parts, there were also many troubling times.  He wasn't part of the plan to help Cam, either by his choice or Gentleman's.

I still have much love for him, but it's in the past.

I love me some Smitty Sr and I hated he way Gettleman handled his release.  I miss seeing him in black and blue and hope he retires a Panther for that 1 day tenure.  What might have been will never be and I can totally understand why he had some hate initially - hence, the blood and guts game.  I was there at that game and it hurt to see him in another color.  In the end, he is currently the best Panther of all time in black and blue until Cam and/or Luke surpass that.  I don't get the butthurt hate here but everyone has an opinion and their own feelings.  It doesn't change the fact I still love him and we could use his fire this season.  Maybe the defenses would be a step more honest and the late hits on Cam might have stopped because Smitty, plainly would not put up with it nor allow his QB to be abused like that.  We will never know and it doesn't matter.  I still think of him in a positive light and always will.

I love me some Smitty Sr and I hated he way Gettleman handled his release.  I miss seeing him in black and blue and hope he retires a Panther for that 1 day tenure.  What might have been will never be and I can totally understand why he had some hate initially - hence, the blood and guts game.  I was there at that game and it hurt to see him in another color.  In the end, he is currently the best Panther of all time in black and blue until Cam and/or Luke surpass that.  I don't get the butthurt hate here but everyone has an opinion and their own feelings.  It doesn't change the fact I still love him and we could use his fire this season.  Maybe the defenses would be a step more honest and the late hits on Cam might have stopped because Smitty, plainly would not put up with it nor allow his QB to be abused like that.  We will never know and it doesn't matter.  I still think of him in a positive light and always will.

Every player got cut like that will be pissed, imagine, he got the news from the media that he's released!

fug Gettleman.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

All this "they butted heads" nonsense is blown out of proportion. Of course they butted heads sometimes. They're teammates. Cam was a fresh rookie with more thrown on his plate than most rookie QBs and Smith is a perfectionist. It's not like he got in a fight with Cam at practice. Lord knows Cam couldn't co-exist with someone he got into a fight at practice with...*cough sarcasm cough Norman*

Archived